Anybody realize we have the same discussions on these forums every time a new TLP server is added

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Risiko Augur

It just occurred to me that we have pretty much the same discussions on the forums here every time a new TLP server is released.

The same..
    • Efreeti camp being perma-camped
    • People abusing /pick
    • Nerf class xyz's 123 ability
    • Guild A sucks because of training, kill stealing, and/or charm dispelling
    • My guild is better than your guild. No mine is better than yours!
    • I miss corpse runs. Give me back my corpse runs!
    • How come that class gets xyz and mine doesn't?!
    • There are no camps available. We need to open the next expansion to spread out
    • SK epic is being blocked by that dang ground spawn that is perma camped
    • Player xyz is a jerk because he tagged the Howling Stones key guy in Lake of Ill Omen and gated to kill him away from me after I sat there an hour and half waiting on the spawn!
    You can literally predict these conversations. I'm just curious if it is the same people creating the threads for each new TLP server, or someone else. Even better, is it the same people kill stealing, charm dispelling, training, gate stealing, etc each time lol.
  2. Risiko Augur

We should create a new meta game for TLP servers. Categorize all of the common TLP threads, and then have a stickied thread that counts down each of them as they show up when a new TLP is introduced. ;)
  3. Wispur Elder

Don't forget to add the thread that is pointing out that all of these threads keep popping up every time a new TLP launches.
    That one is a classic. :)
    Risiko likes this.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

It's part of the nostalgia at this point.
    Risiko and Atabishi like this.
  5. Rhodz Augur

Some are just people being asshats some are legitimate on-going problems yet to be corrected if ever.
    Nothing sacred about classic, it was by any scale the most fouled up point in EQ.

Which is why I keep asking for a launch in a later xpak.
  6. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

I'd love a TLP that started in Velious or Luclin and locked at DoN. Or maybe even TSS.

Velious and Luclin are fantastic times to level up new toons and it would give a lot of breathing room, let people work on epics from the start, go to 60, etc. And takes care of a lot of classic balance issues.
  7. Machentoo Augur

And yet, we have so many interesting new discussions when each new one is launched. Here are some of my favorites:

Ragefire/Lockjaw -- Shouldn't this be instanced? GM enforced rotations, what the F?
    Phinny -- Why the hell is this xp so slow??? Daybreak did WHAT? Why isn't anyone competing for open world content with all these instances?
    Agnarr -- Who are all these P99 folks, and which everquest players are the best everquest players? LDoN, really,? Why??
    coolobiet likes this.
  8. Piku Elder

What about the comments in the threads pointing out about how there are threads pointing out that all these threads keep popping up every time a new TLP launches?

Turtles all the way down.
  9. Lokarion New Member

It's almost as if there's a tiny population of people who keep restarting on each new progression server for that nostalgia kick but keep wishing their pet peeve issues would someday get fixed...
  10. Illusory Augur

I believe that an Agnarr subforum would remedy this and a few months ago, I did suggest a subforum for Agnarr, but it fell into the thread abyss.
  11. Tinytinker Augur

I hate boxers. Can we get a no box server?
    Can we get a PVP server?
    When is the next TLP server?
    I hate Kronos!
    I won't group with power levelers.
    Druids suck!
  12. Illusory Augur

Don't worry, they'll all go back to p99 soon enough. :)
  13. Lorong New Member

Everything gets resolved but in a way that makes situation worse. :)

Eg. LJ had an epidemic of pet walling bot armies farming bottleneck drops for epics and selling them for 20 kronos. Ideal solution was to implement instances so people did not have to compete with mage armies or being forced to buy the drops from them. Instead Daybreak nuked pet classes across the board by increasing agro to pet owners and reducing pet effectiveness on raids.

Instances did become available eventually but on a new server. So Daybreak, one way you can fix stuff is to make instances finally available on LJ/RF or just allow transfers to instanced servers. It is the no -instance TLPs that brought to light the many problems that led to instanced servers being created in the first place.
    Rhodz likes this.
  14. Hateseeker Augur

Isn't it possible that the developers are failing to account for the differences between 1999 and 2017? And that this failure occurs on every new TLP? In 1999 the game was new, so were all the players, everyone was trying out new classes, learning the game, reputation actually mattered if you decided to KS (the term "dps race bruh" was far from creation), etc etc, so everyone was mostly co-operative. Indirect PvP happened far far less than people claim. Yes, it happened, no, it didn't happen on every camp.

Today, most players coming back are players from before, and they have that "I want to do it better/bigger/stronger/faster this time" worldview, they know where the loot is, they know what classes can do it more efficiently and are less likely to choose weak DPS classes (but some players still do, and they are the most easily victimized), etc. There is no exploration in a rehashed game, there is only going directly to the target and camping it.

/pick does much to alleviate, but, the sheer increase in experience, knowledge of the game world/classes and aggression, is still greater than that alone can offset.
    Rhodz likes this.
  15. Numiko Augur

[IMG]
    Reht likes this.
  16. Tachyon Augur

I think it's just one player boxing twenty different forum accounts to mess things up for the rest of us!
    Accipiter likes this.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

Well played.