any timeframe on new server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by joefezz, Apr 20, 2013.

1. joefezz New Member

I know there are a lot of discussions on if there will be a new server or what it might be. I have searched and searched and have yet to find any sort of date and/or timeframe for the next server, assuming there will be one (i believe Piestro hinted that there is a high probability.)

Again, I care not if its TLP or classic or WHATEVER kind of server SoE is putting out, im sure everyone will try it at the very least anyway, I am just searching for a possible release window. Anyone have an idea?
  2. Machen New Member

Your searches didn't turn up anything because there is nothing to turn up. No new server has been announced yet.
  3. Malachi Augur

Trust me. If there were news, this forum would blowup with even MORE threads about suggestions and inferences of what it should/could be like. You won't miss an announcement. Trust me.
  4. Tornat Augur

i really want a new one , but i would be surprised they would have any news on it til soe live even't if there is even going to be a new one
  5. Nolrog Augur

There will definitely be a new server. I don't think it's going to be anytime soon and my guess is that the next server is not a progression one (I think they will try something different and unique next time, though I have no idea what that could be.)
  6. Warpiggs Augur

Sometime between now and then.......
  7. Fuzzbuttle Journeyman

Any time frame on when we are gonna be able to quit posting this topic on a daily basis?

that's what im really looking forward to. :eek:
    Gherig likes this.
  8. joefezz New Member

i wasnt repeating any other topic, as i mentioned i had searched for an answer and hadnt found one. I apologize if you find my inquires repetitve but I was only asking a simple question.

Anyways, I figured it hadnt been announced yet, i was just wondering if they have even mentioned the possibility or what they are discussing as a new server.
  9. Kreugen Lorekeeper

The last new server, Vox, is a year old.
  10. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

With Trakanon Server having less then 100 people online 90% of the time and less then 200 on even the most active nights, the likelihood of any new server before Trakanon is addressed is 0%. I am fairly certain the powers that be up top will not authorize a new server till then.

As for a new TLP version, not until Fippy or Vulak catches the current live servers, and certainly not a chance in Hades before Fippy and Vulak are merged.
  11. Tachyon Augur

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say this time next year... but it's just a guess!
  12. Kreugen Lorekeeper

Trakanon still exists? ... and people think Vulak is hard-up for a merge? Hah...
  13. Tachyon Augur

Yep, and it's all ours!

Which works out quite nicely when it comes to hitting up old content that is still contested on most servers.
  14. Flitz New Member

Woot, a new server! I've been waiting for ages for one. Started playing on Vulak right at the begining, was fantastic!

After reading some of the other posts, it would be nice if SOE could give us a heads up on what sort of time frame they have in mind :D

Two years has felt like a long time.
  15. Machen New Member

They did give us a heads up, although it was a few months back now. Piestro more or less said they don't have a time frame in mind yet.

They've had a bad history of being really, really late on launching these, and getting slammed for it, so I don't really blame them for not wanting to be more specific when they are in early planning stages at best.
  16. GrapeBanana New Member

It's been about5 years from the last time I logged into EQ but wanted to give it a try. I would prefer to restart on one of the progression servers. Is Trakanon the best bet Tachyon? Are there any friendly progression guilds active? I would assume yours is more of a hard core raiding guild that only accepts recruits that are already maxed lvl with certain requirements in place?
    Looking forward to coming back. I'm sure there have been more changes to EQ than what it even took to play back when I was active..
  17. fastboy21 Augur

Trakanon isn't a progression server...tachyon is in a progression guild on a regular rule set server.

vulak and fippy are the two current progression servers, both of which just started PoR.
  18. Machen New Member

Actually Fippy just finished PoR, we are in the 2 month lock till vote for TSS.
  19. Flitz New Member

This is a shame, got a feeling SOE are missing out to a lot of other games. I've got a feeling from playing of Vox there is a real itch for a new TLP server.

In my of group of friends i have one friend who's starting playing other MMO's, due to waiting for a new server and a few more who said they are very tempted to come back to if a new TLP starts up.

When it comes to not keeping to a set release date, I think, like many people we would prefer to have date, rather than non at all. More time for us to spread the word about a new TLP! ;)
  20. Sleppen Augur

^^^^
    The SOE said that they would announce it a few months in advance of launch so that they would have time to publicize it. As others have said, I wouldn't be surprised to see a different sort of format next time, as opposed to just another progression server.