Any RP guilds left in this game?

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by PSDuckie, Dec 5, 2021.

1. PSDuckie New Member

Way back when the live servers were where Agnarr is now, I was an avid writer of EQ fan fiction, although I sadly have lost it all to computer failure. Since then, I have roleplayed in various games, but I would like the chance to return to where it all started: EQ1. I would like to be able to RP both the Feir'Dal ranger that I wrote about, as well as a newer idea of a Vah Shir (haven't decided on a class yet, but leaning towards shaman or berserker). Are there any RP guilds still running in EQ1? Thanks!
    YoPhi likes this.
  2. YoPhi Newb N00b

I was wondering the same thing. Ah, notalgia. I'm currently on Firiona Vie F2P, until I find out if it's worth "paying" for RP/the game. ;)

I played a WE Druid (alignment light), DE Necromancer (alignment neutral/dark, depends who you ask lol), and DE Cleric (light/neutral).
  3. PSDuckie New Member

Well, should you find or start an RP guild, please let me know! As a guildmaster myself in SWTOR, I know it's a hard job. But I would like to be able to RP in EQ1 as well as my other games!
  4. YoPhi Newb N00b

Tbh, I'm not sure I can start one... But if I find any once I'm out of the tutorial I'll post it here.

I wonder if an "RP Alliance" would work, if no guild. I was in one years (and years! lol) ago. It was successful, bringing RPers together who didn't want to leave their guilds. We had a channel for RP, if you didn't find anyone on Norrath. Events. And such other things. First meeting had so many players we had to move it outside of the "house" we were meeting in. lol

Anyway... just a thought.

If you see me in game...
    Please don't kill my girl if your character doesn't like DE's. ;)
    Just say hi! Or, um, something. Not too picky. Mostly. Kind of. :p

Iiyola - DE Cleric
  5. PSDuckie New Member

That would work as well! I'm part of such an alliance in FFXIV, in fact!

Both of my character ideas are on the "good" side, but depending on the RP I might be able to make one on the "evil" side as well. Oh well, time to reinstall EQ I guess! I've also been doing RP in EQ2, as well as my main game SWTOR, so you'll probably see me on those games as well! I'll post my character info once I make my characters.

UPDATE: I made both Gluludar the wood elf ranger and Tylla the Vah Shir berserker, They're both in the tutorial right now though
  6. Xeris Augur

On Agnarr there are/were like... 3 PLAYERS who RP'd that I've ever seen on the server, let alone entire guilds. My guess is there are no active RP guilds on any server.

Honestly if you want one, Agnarr is probably your best bet. You can gear up in pub raids and RP with your friends to your heart's content.
  7. PSDuckie New Member

Oh, I made my characters on FV
  8. YoPhi Newb N00b

Sorry I've been unable to get back to this. Holidays and rl and such. ;)

My DE is actually good. I know, I know, God of Hate and all that. But "I" feel swinging away from the norm isn't always a bad thing.

I don't know what Wheel of Time is. I've watched a few videos just now. I'd really have to watcch more to see if it's something I could take on easily enough. Time is a thing now. Adulting sucks. :p

Aaaanyway... I would be interested in checking out the other server IF there was RP there. :)
  9. generic Journeyman

you might be interested in us, Rivervale Metro Police on mischief.

We RP as the constables in Rivervale most nights, take shifts patrolling the town and going on longer patrols out into Misty Thicket. Everyone is given a shift time for their patrol along with what route they are to patrol.

Once you are experienced you will be allowed to take the most dangerous jobs we have which is gate duty in Kithikor at night.

Whilst on patrol expected to engage with any rodents, bugs which try to cause trouble in the town, check in on the bars and even consider defending against unruley goblins in misty thicket.

check out our recruitment post on this very forum!
  10. YoPhi Newb N00b

So... checked out your info. on some posts. I got issues! lol

1) Level 46 to join (or 60 depending on post). Yeah, that's a problem... for me. I've always been better at lore than mechanics. I've been told I was a great Cleric. Buuuuut, the only reason my highest level character hit 87(ish, I can't remember "exactly") was because my Guildmates wanted some extra healing power. So... they kill, I sit and chat with them and/or RP and toss a heal now and again. (Just to clarify, that was at their suggestion! I don't ask to leech exp.) Btw... HOW y'all can fight "that" many things AND chat, let alone RP..? Y'all have to have some insanity in your family line somewhere! (And yes! You inherited it!) ;)
    2) Raiding is not my thing. I'm a casual player. And prefer casual play. Raiding is just too much stress. Dump on me if you will, this is "my" playing style. Respect mine and I'll refrain from commenting about how I think people who raid need valium in their life. Oops. I just did. ;)
    3) Hmm... I had a three... But forgot. Eh. I'm a girl, I'll remember in like 20 minutes. Maybe. (Girls... don't hate. We know men do it too. We just have the skill mastered! Go us!) :D

I won't be in game until after the holidays... or, ever. I have family in town. And IF I survive "them", I'll be back! Woo!

So, whatever you celebrate... y'all have some GREAT holiday times!
  11. generic Journeyman

whatever, you do you!
  12. Nyarai New Member

I'd be very interested finding fellow roleplayers too! I haven't played EQ for a bazillion years, thinking about starting on FV and AB.
    I am absolutely a casual player and not looking to get into raiding, I have children and a job and I just have a severe case of nostalgia for EQ.
  13. YoPhi Newb N00b

Welp! I survived the holidays! Woo!
    Survived family! Woo!
    Survived Covid too! Double woo! (Actually, double-woo on this one since the boy got it. lol)

I have on one account...
    Iiyola=DE/CLR (She might be a DE, but she's not evil. It's a backstory thing.)
    Alinari=WE/DRU
    I'll be getting my characters out of the tutorial soon. (I hope! lol) So, maybe I'll be lucky enough to run into ya!