Any possibility of making no trade items free trade while in a DZ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zansobar, Apr 23, 2023.

1. Zansobar Augur

If no trade items that drop as loot (those that would normally be free trade on Mischief, for example) could be made free trade while in the DZ that they dropped from it would vastly increase the efficiency of allocating loot and speed up raiding immensely.

I know there could be some issues to overcome - such as people joining the DZ late. If you allow late comers to also have the loot as free trade this would open up holding the DZ open and just auctioning to the general population. So instead you would need to make the items have a flag where they are only free trade to those that were there during the fight that the loot dropped. Messy I know, but not impossible. That flag id could be set for an item and that specific flag id also set for each character. If the flags match then the item is freely tradeable to and amongst those players. You could then either make the flag reset on DZ close or maybe just set a timer of maybe 6 to 8 hours before all the flags on items automatically reset and the item reverts to just no trade. That way players could meet up outside the DZ to distribute loot but the items couldn't be sold to the general public.

Of course just setting free trade as the normal ruleset for TLPs and have the older legacy No Trade ruleset as being the exception for certain TLP server launches would be better.
  2. Iove Elder

I prefer free-trade like it on Mischief, even without random loot.
    If them dont want market overflow with items maybe make them all attunable? Once item used it can be traded only within account (as them all heirloom).
  3. Zansobar Augur

Same here. Attunable would be nice too, but then there is a certain crowd that argues this would allow trading to players that were not on the raid that got the gear and that is unfair.
  4. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

Yeah well life is unfair. Never understood why some players get butt hurt because someone else may be wearing pixels that were given to them. It effects no ones game play what so ever. Personally I would like to see every item in the game free trade.
  5. Zansobar Augur

Here's a method that should work:

1) Each instance (DZ) probably has a unique ID, if not this needs to be created.
    2) Each loot item in the database needs to have a field to accept this instance ID
    3) Each loot item in the database needs to have a field to accept time of mob death
    3) Since loot is created on creature spawn (instance creation) and not on mob looting then when each mob dies the time it dies has to be recorded and attached to a field for each loot item on the mob that died.
    4) Each character that enters a DZ or instance gains that DZ ID and the time that they entered they first entered the DZ.
    5) Allow free trade of items up to, say 8 hours after mob death. (could be set higher as this is used for temp flagging as free trade)

This way each character on an instanced raid would be able to free trade items gained on that raid up to the time limit. This would facilitate faster loot distribution options and enhance different loot systems if desired.

When a trade occurs there is a check against the DZ ID on the loot item vs the player receiving the item and a check against the time they entered the DZ (if later than the mob kill then no trade). If the player entered before the mob kill time (embedded in the item field), and the current time is less than mob kill time plus the allowed number of hours for free trade, then the item is free trade.

I would say that if a character enters a different DZ then that DZ ID resets and they can no longer trade with items from the prior DZ, so just a rule to get the loot done before you move on to another instance.

Not allowing players to enter after mob kill and still have items tradeable protects against just auctioning the gear to the general public, which seems to be the main reason DPG is against free trade ruleset as a widespread option.

After the timer elapses the items all go back to their original no trade status and the IDs are cleared.

But up until that time the loot can be traded amongst those players that were present after the kill.

Pretty simple system and I would bet most of these IDs already exist to track how loot made it into the world. They might even already have per character DZ IDs and the time that they entered the DZ tracked.