Any plans for Mac compatibility?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Arderd and Crowd, May 12, 2015.

1. Arderd and Crowd Augur

Hi all,

I'm looking at playing the TPL server and I have a friend that plays on Macs, I was wondering if they had any plans to make it possible for them to play without any big changes:

Thanks
  2. Borek-VS Augur

You can run the Windows client on modern Macs using CrossOver (I do), by using BootCamp to boot into Windows (no way). Other versions of Wine may work as well, I haven't tried them. It is slower than running in BootCamp would be, and crashes in heavily populated zones more than I would like. But it works.
  3. Utdaan Augur

Using an OS emulation program is frowned upon by DGC (as it was by SOE). Bootcamp was the only acceptable method to run EQ on a Mac. That said, it would be A Good Thing™ if DGC would finally come through with a native OSX client for EQ, EQ2, H1Z1, PS2, etc... since the majority of Mac users would rather not boot into Windows just to play a game.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  4. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Pretty sure the whole Mac debate was settled once and for all when they shut down Al'kabor.
  5. Borek-VS Augur

Only VMs are a problem; which is dumb, as they are better "emulations", but I understand the reasons.