Any plans for AoCs on Live?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sairanor, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Sairanor Journeyman

I'm sure this thread has been made before but I always wondered if Daybreak ever planned to throw AoCs up on live or if this has ever been discussed by them.

I love the idea of AoCs and they are probably my favorite part of the True Box ruleset but I'd like to be able to just screw around killing old Raid Targets on my Live toons without having to compete with the X amount of other people doing the same in open-world zones like North Temple of Veeshan, Vex Thal, etc. etc.

I think the only server that this could *possibly* be a problem on is Firiona Vie strictly because there is a market for old raid items from these zones and a huge influx of these items could kill that market (though that may or may not be a bad thing, more affordable twinks = easier time for low level toons = more retained playtime for newer players).

It would also help with certain Epic related things such as waiting on Innoruuk spawn for Ranger 1.0, Trak for Bard 1.0 and allow Warriors to do their 1.0 without having to make lowbies to avoid the banish on Naggy, just to name a few. That way, we can all get the 1.0 augments we truly desire. ;)

They are already on test, for obvious reasons, so I could always /testcopy and screw around over there but where's the fun in that? :p Anyways, I think it would be a cool idea to throw these up, on top of the fact that old style Progression guilds could take advantage of AoCs as opposed to having to compete with Live level toons for these targets (although most of these types of guilds existed on Test anyways). The logic is already there so I don't imagine it would be much more difficult than just flipping a variable to get the AoCs to spawn, though I could be wrong I'm not the most versed on EQ's structure.

Just a thought!
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

It has been discussed … in nauseum … many, many times.

The thing with all these AoC requests is that they always forget one simple thing -

ALL SERVERS WITH AOCS HAVE NO FREE TO PLAY ACCOUNTS ON THEM

Until DBG changes their policy, you cannot have AoCs and FTP together (which makes perfect sense … why give away the good stuff to anyone when you can charge for it). And don't bring up Test …

This is not a logistical issue. This is a policy issue.

Actually, I take that back. It's also a logistical issue … as in how many FTP would spin up private instances of various old world zones because they now could? Would be worse than when Gribble was in full bloom...

So … are you willing to eliminate FTP on a Live server to get AoCs? I bet if you poll any of the bigger Live servers, you are going to find that most people would rather have FTP than the AoCs.
  3. bortage spammin lifetaps

They could just make it so you need gold to spin up an AoC instance
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Fian Augur

Um, what is an AoC?
  5. Sairanor Journeyman

^ Literally this, you can have AoCs and FTP co-exist simultaneously just like they have FTP and Prestige gear exist simultaneously. If this is an issue, just make it so that you need Gold status to pop up an instance, that would be as easy as an if statement preceding the AoC logic checking whatever stores a players gold status (probably just an int set to 1 or 0? Not sure). Not only that, but it would give FTP players one more reason to get Gold status.

I'm sure it's not actually on Live for the more obvious reason of garnering interest in the True Box servers. If you can pop the instances up on Live that's one less unique thing the True Box servers have over all other servers. Yet, I'd still like to see them on Live and it would be a good change to see.

AoC stands for Avatar of Change, it's the mob that gives the instances to open world raids on True Box TLPs.
    Skuz likes this.