Any past expansions worth completing progression?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kravin, May 19, 2017.

1. Kravin Journeyman

Hello all, I was wondering as my tittle says, is there any expansions worth completing all the progression? I have EoK most of TBM done but i was wondering if any of the older expansions are worth completing, I would like to bounce from expansions to expansion so i don't get bored with the content. And also if possible could you link the items that you get for completing the expansion if there is one?
  2. Tucoh Augur

The Heroic AAs started with CoTF, so I'd start there. You also get the memento of the ungod's suffering from it:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=114664

TDS also has heroic AAs, and had quite a few augs that are still current:
    http://www.raidloot.com/Search.aspx?class=Shaman&type=Augmentation&augslot=7,8&source=TDS

TDS also has great power sources, the melee one is:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=120642

In TDS the content is gated by progression, so you can't just farm augs/power sources without going through it.
    Gundolin likes this.
  3. Coronay Augur

Unable to link at the moment but if you complete House of Thule you get an awesome polka dot bunny illusion. It's pretty rare to see people with that these days.
    Rivitt likes this.
  4. Gundolin Augur

This, we finished TBM awhile back, then went back and finished COTF, Now we just have Arx to go in TDS and we'll have almost all of our Heroic Stats. (Finished TBM when it was current so no need to return). The heroic stats are good to get.
    Reht likes this.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

ROF Teir 1 and 2 zones will max out your stone of landing which is one of the best charm augs in game. Add to this evolving your Tear (only for the Alaran mobs) and it might be worth doing these zones. Also HOT, VOA and ROF give trophies for progression. Some are personal and some are guild but if you run tribute doing at least the progression for the trophies you would use from these expansions would be worth it. SOD progression to unlock higher levels of void for better slot 3 augs (this is class dependent as the slot 3 augs here are not useful for all classes) and LDON progression still offers slot 3 augs from the merchants that people use over a decade later.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Oh and speaking of trophies, completing most of the collection quests give you an additional trophy slot. Thankfully you get 4 slots by default, and for a tank at least there are 4 stand out trophies (Helm of rallos zek, TBM, TDS and CotF):
    Replica of the Qeynos Claymore
    Golden Helmet of Rallos Zek
    Trophy of the Seafarer
    Trophy of Duality

The quality drops off after that, so if you don't feel like doing the worst achievements in EQ for the privilege of spending more tribute, it's not a big deal.
    Rivitt and Aurastrider like this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore