Any life left on Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Grenlar, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Grenlar Journeyman

The Wife and I left EQ just before we flagged for PoTime on Agnarr and were thinking about returning to play a little. What is the situation on Agnarr now? Are there guilds still raiding? I am sure the population is probably next to none by now but is there still any activity at the top end? Is it all just boxers at this point?

On a similar note, other than live, are there any other TLP servers that have an xp rate similar to Agnarr?
  2. Gootak New Member

Hey Gren,

Welcome back! Not too sure about Agnarr as a lot of us jumped ship a while back to move to other TLP's.From what I know there's still people raiding Potime there though.

In regards to other servers It would be worth looking at the new Mangler server. Similar xp to Agnarr (perhaps better?) and currently in Velious so not a bad to time to jump into a well populated server with a future.

Otherwise Cornaiv is in OOW and has had an exp boost and currently sitting just under Agnarr with another boost coming in about 4 months. Few raid guilds there but not as heavily populated as Mangler.

Enjoy
  3. Grenlar Journeyman

Thanks Gootak,

I had thought about Mangler, my only concern was the amount of boxed characters. I guess this is just the norm with EQ these days but I saw plenty of times within the guild on Agnarr that there were members boxing 2-4 characters and had little to no reason to invite other players most of the time. I have boxed 2 characters before but I simply prefer to just play single characters with others. Giving it some thought now I have to imagine that it's much worse on Agnarr now, how is it on Mangler?
  4. ibc93 Elder

Mangler is pretty solid as of late. Yeah there's boxing but it's two sided pro/con. Some people abuse it to relentlessly farm on their 6 char set up. But I've benefited from it more. Many groups/raids I've been in lacked some role and often dual-boxers saved the day. Nov 20 is when Luclin unlocks so you might see an influx of more low levels around then. If you'd like to see gameplay, I got a lot of raid/grouping vids on my YT.
  5. Weaps Journeyman

There are still 4 guilds raiding 2+ nights a week on Agnarr (Time + LDoN). There is a casual OW or off-night Elementals/Backflags/etc scene too but you have to make some friends to really engage it. Population is top-heavy and leveling in a PUG is challenging but as a small box team or with guildies (it is Alt-city) it's fast and fun. Still some life.
  6. Xeris Augur

Charge the Lair, Scions of Time, Shadow Requiem, The Remedy (EU) are the remaining raiding guilds on Agnarr. Like Weaps said, there are pickup raids for pre-elemental flagging, and so on that happen fairly regularly.

It's a small but passionate community. We (Charge the Lair) are still raiding with 60+ people, doing potime, ldons, and off night elementals and other stuff.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Agnarr still does plat runs of Plane of Time and those types of events are some of the best IMO.

I'm not sure if Mangler does them, but Selo used to do them. They're great, casual fun.