Any legit emperor kills yet?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by welly321, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Rcbauer Augur

So the Regime killed Emp legit before FE ? Is that why SSra is a crapshow now with all the newbs training all over?
  2. Darchias Augur

Faceless Empire was uninterested in killing him legit, it's essentially a waste of time and resources when you could be killing him more easily. I agree that there's a difficult to quantify enjoyment to be had in completing an encounter as the developers intended, particularly if it's challenging, but that's not what FE are here to do. They're here to do it the fastest and to get that loot. Doing the encounter properly is slower than pulling him out of his room, so they didn't give a about doing it that way.
  3. Rcbauer Augur

fixt
  4. jack of all trades Elder

[IMG]
  5. Baulkin Augur

So... any guild that was going to be able to kill emporer has killed him 3 times now. 120 Rifts....they probably have their raid force, and all their boxes keyed. The funny part about this, is the people who were complaining in the "average" raiding guilds...only hurt themselves.
  6. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

Ogre warrior go to mountain, carry great big boulder, drop on Froglok head. Froglok go splat. Ogre then lift great big boulder, move out of way, then take Froglok stuff. Ogre has stuff, very tired and day over, go to bed.

Ogre monk grab Froglok tongue, wrap around Froglok neck, choke out. Ogre monk take his stuff, then eat breakfast. Ready for more stuff.

Both way work, but Ogre monk gets more stuff, tink Ogre warrior not so bright.
  7. welly321 Elder

Grats guys!
  8. The Duchess New Member

Now we will know who truly has the larger epeens.
    jack of all trades likes this.
  9. The Queen New Member

This thread is a joke. The community whining about how Emp is killed, it hasn’t been fixed in 17 yrs. why start now. What amazes me are the Guilds that are so concerned about being First on the Agnarr progression site. EQ is a 19-yr. old game, do you really think you can claim being first or even fifth when it’s been done countless times in the past, I guess these GL’s have small hands
    Jaxarale likes this.
  10. Risiko Augur

It wont matter after the patch on Test goes to the TLP servers this month. Emperor Ssra will leash to his room.

It would seem that DBG thinks you should fight him in the room the way he was designed. Go figure. lol

Yet again, something that got exploited on the current TLP server will not be exploitable on the next TLP server (aka Coirnav). I wonder if by TLP server number 20 the game will be mostly exploit free lols.
  11. Risiko Augur

Now here's the thing...

On the live servers about a month ago, DBG gave a temporary ban for up to 15 days to EVERYBODY that had used a mechanic that had been collectively acceptable and ignored by DBG for MANY YEARS. Some saw it as an exploit while others saw it as "the best path to obtaining what you need in the most efficient way possible".

And, now, we have a large populous of the Agnarr server using a "collectively acceptable and ignored by DBG for many years" mechanic to pull a raid mob to the zone line. Some see it as an exploit while others see it as "the best path to obtaining what you need in the most efficient way possible."

So.... if DBG handles this the same way on TLP that they handled the issue last month on the Live servers, then there should be a mass temporary ban incoming for everybody that used the mechanic to pull Emp to zone line.

It should be an interesting month. Grabbing the popcorn and some beer!
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

Not sure what the other method was... but pulling emp out of his room seems to involve nothing thats abuse. Im not a puller there but it appears to be a good understanding of pulling mechanics,teamwork, and a mob that is splittable.

Theres a door ahead of trakanon... nobody cares if hes pulled past that be it seems ok... but the guts of the scenario are quite similar, just far less prestigious i suppose.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

Exactly...

Kinda like how the majority of players never stepped foot into the premier kunark raiding zone.
  14. HappyPanda Augur

Does it also amaze you that people try to win pickup games of basketball on their lunch breaks?
    The game has been around for far longer than 19 years and has been done countless times in the past.

Just some thoughts from one of the guys with small hands.
  15. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I would find a different situation to describe this because they are not the same.

To pull Trakanon past the Reet door, all you have to do is aggro Trakanon at his spawn and run back past the door. Eventually he will come to you either running to the door and popping through it, or he simply warp to your location.

To pull Emp out of his room, heals, FD, and possibly even a Z-axis taunt may be required to accomplish what you wish. Not to mention the very simple mechanic of, once you aggro Emp, his door locks. This should tell you EVERYTHING you need to know about where he is intended to be engaged. If his door could be opened from the other side by someone (much like the Reet door) then you might have an argument, but as we all know, that room is toxic after Emp is active.
  16. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I like the sentiment, but just to play Devil's advocate here.
    Every game of Basketball is a little different. If people were doing the EXACT same plays, with the EXACT same people with the same strategy over and over....well, lets just say those people would NEVER win any basketball games, and I would guess that in that case Basketball would have a small and loyal following, much like EQ.
  17. HappyPanda Augur

This isn't actually true, about the locking.
    You can still click up, and after clicking up, you take a tick of minor damage from the room trap, but we have run multiple people through with limited damage. It is barely a nuisance at this point. Make sure you have levitate on so you don't get thrown as hard.
  18. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Yes, but can you open the door and let someone out of the room, like you can with the Reet door? No, you cannot. The "lock" is the fact that you cannot click back down out of that room once you are inside it. That was more the point I was making.
  19. HappyPanda Augur

It's nice because you made all the points that I would make if I was going to debate this with someone.
    I'm not though.
    I only was curious that the Queen was also amazed by people repeatedly playing a game and trying to keep score when it is nothing new or unusual.

Every TLP is a little different. Bugs get fixed, XP rates vary, key quests change, there are different players each time, different guild leaders, launch weekends fall at different times of year, PTO availability changes, holidays interfere, all sorts of different circumstances can and do happen.
    Some of us obviously enjoy some competition. Probably about as much as a pickup game of ball at lunch break. We try to do well, we try to score points, we have a good time. We aren't all Michael Jordan, but we can still go out and compete and have fun.

It seems odd to me that people are so offended by that minor competition that they dig in and get really weird about it. If you don't enjoy that sort of thing, that is totally cool with most of us that do, we don't typically go forum posting about how bizarre it is that you don't want to participate in that aspect of the game.
    McJumps likes this.
  20. HappyPanda Augur

Ok, I see the context in which you meant it.

You don't have to get fancy on the Emp pull at all, either.
    You can just have a monk pull it, then have your tank tag it with taunt.