Any interest in a Warrior Class Site?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Epictankz, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Epictankz New Member

Hello Everyone,
    With the disappearance of TSW (The Steel Warrior) I would like to know if the community would be interesting in having a warrior specific website? I know I personally would really like to see one established.

That being said here is what im thinking.

I can provide the following:
    • Domain
    • Solid Website hosting and platform.
    • Website Design - I can do most of the website design and build work.
    I would do this all for free for the community if there is enough interest.

What I would need is :
    • Active members of the Warrior / Tanking community that can write and provide quality content.
    • Members of the community that may have more advanced graphic arts skills than I do.
    • Members of the community that have time to volunteer to help out with this project.
    I would treat this just as i would a webdesign project at work. It would be a simple, clean and professional looking website with content that is helpful and would benefit the visitors.

Some thoughts on Content:
    • Basically site should be your one stop shop for all things warrior related.
    • Cover all details related to Warriors
      • Covering all aspects for Live servers, Progression Servers & possibly p99 (if that makes sense)
    • Cover Raid Encounter details related to tanking & things specific to warrior tanking
    Anyway just some thoughts / idea's.

Please post your thoughts below, would this be a waste of time that no one cares about / uses? Or would it turn out to be a useful tool that the community would enjoy?

Now i know the EQ & Warrior community may not be as huge as some communities in other games, but i feel is still is a decent size and there are some great people in it. Which is why im making this post :)

Contact me in game @ [t ragefire.daax
    Or post a reply / PM here.
  2. Dre. Altoholic

I was a mod on TSW. It was pretty low traffic over recent years, few unique visitors even with the wealth of info posted on there.

While TLP might bring resurgence to many class communities, I'd imagine Warriors are near the bottom of that list, at least while the server is young.

I put up a TSW subreddit a year ago or so, might be a good place to gauge interest before commiting investment.
  3. madvillanyy New Member

I would totally be down to help out...I play on Ragefire as a warrior and let me tell you the warrior channel is constantly blowing up about what level is DW? where do I buy the books? WHat are good weps? How does taunt work ect... I def would be able to help you out...I am Front-End developer so have tons of experience with web sites...But I could write content if needed. p1999 seems to be takenc are of with the wiki, the guides on there give great info in all areas
  4. Endless Augur

Honestly, what I'd like to see is an Everquest Tank forum with general tanking related sections and a section for each specific tank class.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Already written info, it hasn't changed.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

I'd be down to help, I could add a little bit of content, and technical backend advice as needed, but since you really only need a wiki and some form of discussion forum that's generic enough anyone remotely technical could set that up.
  7. Brohg Augur

Unfortunately, the overall problem evinced by that anachronistic display is not underpinned by a lack of online resources, and so creating another online resource would not alleviate the described proliferation of trivial ignorance.
    Elricvonclief, Dre. and Ravengloome like this.
  8. Battleaxe Augur

The biggest plus of TSW was articles that laid out things like maximizing your survivability in long fights, maximizing your burst and sustained DPS, maximum aggro in long fights, aggro in fast kill groups, aggro weapon procs and augs, item X toy or uber?, must do's for your brand new Heroic Warrior, rating the new AA's and disciplines, etc.

All of that could be done here if people who know this stuff thoroughly bothered to post with the only serious issue being the lack of stickies. I'm indifferent to the creation of a new Warrior site. IF knowledgeable Warriors are willing to write the necessary articles then fine. But honestly they haven't in the last 2-3 years on TSW and haven't all that much here, I've no reason to think they would elsewhere.
  9. Banai Augur

This is actually what I was looking for. Some type of site to help with the changes to warrior and how to play high end warrior after being away for 10 years.

IMO there is a lot a site like this could do. Guides for the general basics, more advanced guides and theorycrafting, important quests that all warriors should know about, vital AA's, etc. Most tanks aren't warriors anymore but personally I think that's more because SK and pally are just easier. Easier to solo/molo with and better in group play. It's not until current tier raiding that warriors value really comes into play. Maybe with the ease of access to information more people would be inclined to give it a shot.

I've been a tank for 17 years now so I'll eventually figure out my own rotations/gearing and all that but having a start point and discussing things with others is always a good thing imo.