Any guilds on live going for progression style experience?

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Friday, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Friday Augur

Hello, Im an old school veteran who played until planes, gave up the game in search of something better, never found it, and now am coming back to experience all the glorious content I haven't seen.

Already been on RF, transferred to LJ, cant get to loot camps because of RMTers, etc. WOULD be interested in no box IF DB could do it right, but from what I have seen so far, that is a hail Mary at best. I want to settle in to the place that I will main, and likely play for years.

My main inquiry is to ask if there are any guilds planning on doing progression on live servers, starting soon or having had recently started? If I find a group of like minded folk, I would like to do all the content as it happened, no twinking or out of era gear. If I can't find a guild or group who are going for a progression kind of experience, I will likely just two box with mercs and use all the gear/every advantage to see it all. Rather have companions, of course, but Im going to see it all, either way.

Another question, vital to planning how I will go about this: Have the loot tables been completely wiped in favor of all this defiant stuff, or do old school drops still make an in era experience possible (gear wise)?

Finally, I don't strictly NEED a whole guild to go about beginning my journey; even just a few like minded folks starting out would make the experience much better than soloing all the way.

I will likely 2 box my two favorite classes, shaman and ranger. I am not interested in twinks or plat. I already leveled two toons to like 40 something, it taking perhaps a half an hour per level, and was NAUSEATED at how easy it was. I want to take it slow, see it all, hopefully making friends and memories along the way. Thanks.
  2. Aidon New Member

I have exact the same experience than you. Now I am back to EQ for around 9 months after 14 years break. I have now 4 accounts with one class each and all got epic 1.0 except rogue which I am going to do. I started from the original EQ and try to kill all the boss on progression myself. Except for the boss, I am doing group content and now doing LoY...

I am playing at Erollisi but mostly US morning time cause I live in asia. If you can play in this server and this time slot, let's play together and I think later expansion maybe hard for me to do alone even with 3 boxes.
  3. Khalifa Kush Lorekeeper

I'd love to do this but only if we can get a guild started. I'm not active enough to run the guild myself or to be an officer. But I'd join for sure.