Any cleric guide to healing in groups?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by HighElfPlayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. HighElfPlayer Journeyman

I haven't played a cleric much. I want to know which spells should be memmed at any given point in time. This is also for TLP and not for live. How do clerics deal with AE stun? How do clerics deal with losing aggro?

Thanks
  2. Gundolin Augur

Sorry I am not sure about your level and what you have available. On live I use a multi bind for healing.

Which spells memmed will vary and I think you'll need your level range to get any type of decent answer here.

AE Stun - always a pain, I try and avoid them, a lot of AoE stuns are directional so the tank can face them away from casters. Or require line of site so you can just heal from behind a pillar or some other object. If neither of those are an option, put up an HoT and hope for the best?

Losing aggroe on Live we have AAs that help, which I'll generally pop up for a second, Sanctuary pushes you to the bottom of the agroe list, I'll generally press this and weight a second then start healing again, figuring that it gives the tank a second to get everything back under control. As soon as you heal it will pop you back to your regular agro spot, so your really just giving your tank a second to get it back together. Sanctuary is grey I will sometimes use my AA Divine Auras to drop agro, again wait a second them click them off. Your not really clearing agro with these but giving the rest of the group a second to get their act together. Plus you should be able to heal through a bit of damage.

Hope that's a little help but I would suggest asking again on a TLP board with your current expansion.
  3. Annastasya Augur

There are many mob mechanics that are designed to interrupt or prevent you from casting heals. There are also debuffs that can weaken or prevent heals from landing on the tank who gets inflicted with them. Stuns and silences are the most common of these but there are many more.

Deal with them on a case by case basis. Some are directional as Gundolin mentioned- in which case your tank needs to face the mob, and position it as to not be AEing the group/healer. Some AEs have a maximum range, and often that range is shorter than your heals- the named bird in Old Field of Bone is a good example. He has a slience aura(or pbae, not sure which) but if you stay out of range of that, you can heal your tank. Your tank can also use discs if the stun or silence is short term. Heal over times, delayed heals, mitigation buffs etc. There are many tools to help you heal through this. Trial and error :)