anti-camp radius

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bigz_Zupdarty, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

Steampunk likes this.
  2. Zapsos Augur

Why?

So you have to camp further away from the named you are hunting, making it easier for someone else to swoop in and "steal" it (yes I know it's within the rules and therefore not stealing per say)
  3. Steampunk Augur

I support this post and this idea.
  4. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

raid mob... raid boss.. no more socking..

not group mobs.. thank you, carry on.
  5. TarewMarrForever Augur

Still socking...just outside radius is all.
  6. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

radius can be unknown... it can change per spawn.. it can be zone wide.. simple fact Anti camp radius can be used to combat socking in some way shape or form seen fit by the devs..

It could even just extend the spawn timer when the radius is triggered..
  7. Darth Augur

Zone wide anti-camp radius, so that xp groups destroy the chance it spawns. Please stop posting, you're not helping.
    Soltara and Rhiyannon like this.
  8. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

its one of many examples I gave... socking will be the issue with the new way.. this can be used to combat it.. obviously you're not going to set it up in a way so exp groups trigger it.
  9. code-zero Augur

Quite simply they could potentially set it so that no boss mob spawns if anyone is in the zone nor for 15 minutes afterward
  10. Darth Augur

Freeti is always camped.

Lord Nagefen would never spawn.

Keltic lives in Permafrost. Lady Vox would never spawn.

Someone is always killing in Fear usually Necro. CT never spawns.

Groups are always in Hate, Inny never spawns.

The Hole is the premier xp spot since trash actually drop Loam Encrusted Gear. Yael never spawns.

Anti-camp Radius is useless and silly. Go back to begging for instanced content. It is the only change that will help a casual guild.
  11. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

example, use the radius coding to extend spawn timers when someone is socking.. server A where socking takes place for 12hs+ they see boss every 2 days.. Server B where no one socks the same boss can spawn twice a day.

You use the anti camp radius to give incentive to not sock.
  12. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

So what I was off the mark throwing out zone wide anti camp radius. It was just one of many examples given, stop trying to highlight it when there are many other possibility's to make it work and be in the benefit of everyone to not sock targets..
  13. Darth Augur

My friend, let me try and explain why no socking radius will never work.

On the p99 server, the GMs enforce no socking. So what do players do? Log out on the spawn, near the spawn, in the zone. Form up away from the spawn, in the zone, or at the zoneline of the zone.

Socking WILL always happen when targets are hotly contested. You can't use the anit-camp radius. That's why it was only beta. That's why it was never moved.

Players want to wait for their mobs to spawn, be it raid or group or solo.

Please realize how silly this is and go back to asking for expedition instancing.
  14. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

I don't even care about instances, and have always wanted bosses to spawn in the world.. Sometimes I just provide feedback on the discussions... Like this instance.. I really don't care for my self, I've done the whole song and dance..

Are you worried if your guild cant sock you will be at a disadvantage?

My comments are for the better of the game, unrelated to any one server, or any one guild..
  15. Zapsos Augur

Because no way that could be abused by some some misguided vigilante who would find joy in parking a toon on every raid spawn in the game just to mess with <TL>.
  16. Darth Augur

Anti-Camp would be great on Lockjaw. From the SS terrible on Ragefire.

The issue is that anti-camp just really means :sock this far away" anyone with the ability to reason beyond that of a child would see this instantly and lay down the crusade.
  17. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

so short sighted.. obviously not looking for solutions merely defending socking..
    Steampunk likes this.
  18. Zapsos Augur

Socking is a symptom, not the problem.

The problem is not enough to do... Trust me everyone (Yes even <TL>) Would rather be doing virtually anything else than staring a blank wall... but if you want to ensure enough to kill you have to sock as things stand.

Fix the problem, don't penalize the solution
  19. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

the fact that the code already exists in the game doing one function, doesn't mean it cant be repurposed to do something else or operate another way. It already being in place just means less dev work and code resources ready to work with.
  20. Zapsos Augur

We are not against finding a solution, merely pointing out that the proposed solutions is severly flawed