Another way to finish shawl?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xirtket, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Xirtket Augur

Is there any way to finish the shawl #1 when you're KoS to dain? aside from faction grinding? if that's the case I just won't finish the shawl.. I'm soooooooooo tired of EQ faction grinding..
  2. Gragas Augur

If you did the quests to actually get to final shawl walk you should have gained enough faction to be ally with Dain.

Just go clear out NTOV, and Kael (could also just slaughter giants and turn in their toes?) with an AE'ing wizard merc and it should not take long to fix your faction.
  3. Xirtket Augur

yea, I'm on the 8th part, and am still KoS, I'll try NToV, thanks for the reply
  4. EQbud Augur

I don't see how NToV would help Dain (or even Coldain) faction. Here's a link to what you can do to fix Dain faction:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/faction.html?faction=204
    Mainly plow Tormax room and the area south of it since that's where most (if not all) of the mobs you can gain Dain faction from killing are located. Save any helms you get to hand in to Chamberlain Krystorf 4 at a time.
  5. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

use the potion of peace from loyalty vendor
    Rainbowdash, Braveheart and Mykaylla like this.
  6. SpamFactory Augur

since you seem to be in no hurry to finish the shawl:

wait for giants giants giants to come back (and it will come back eventually, there is just no ETA when)

play the instance to tormax, kill him, drop isntance, repeat until dain ally (kill AoW as well if you need regular coldain faction). it's super fast using GGG instance.
  7. Xirtket Augur

Is there one? I looked but didn't see it, maybe I overlooked it?
  8. Rafather Augur

there is, i used one a month ago to be able to zone in and help a friend with their shawl.
  9. Tobynn Augur

There is no Potion of Peace specifically for Dain faction. There is one for Thurgadin, but I believe it only impacts Coldain faction -- "residents of Thurgain" is the effect description on the potion.

There are only 6 mobs you can kill to hike Dain faction: King Tormax and his two throne gaurds, Fjokar Frozenshard and Keldor Dek`Torek in a side room behind Tormax's throne, and Dlammaz Stormslayer in the cubby just outside Tormax's room (or his PH a storm giant warlord). That's it ... no other kills give positive Dain faction.
    TheQxx likes this.
  10. Mykaylla Augur

The potion of peace, last time I knew of anyone using it, helped with resetting their Dain faction too. They'd been killing the Dain for ages and were max KoS- they didn't have to do any of the faction farming after using it (they also used it on a double faction weekend).
    Contrast that with a month or two before the potions of peace came out, a former guildie finally got her faction up high enough, and in the process discovered that some of the quests to grind faction up have a limit to the number of times you can do them- I didn't even know that was possible.
  11. Xirtket Augur

The potion of peace thurgadin worked for making me have enough faction with dain to to my turn in.

When I clicked the potion the only message I got was "your faction standing with Dain Frostweaver IV has gotten better"

thanks for the replys.

Edit: I think the potion of peace thurgadin needs a better item description so people know exactly what it does..
    Mykaylla likes this.
  12. Mykaylla Augur

Out of curiosity, what was your Coldain faction at before you got the potion?
  13. Tobynn Augur

I have never used a peace potion, so it surprises me to learn that clicking it resulted in a faction increase message. My understanding is that the peace potions revert you to whatever the default level is for the particular faction. If you are already ally when you click a potion, you will lose a ton of faction and end up at apprehensive (the default). I haven't heard of anyone getting "your faction got worse" messages, so a faction got better message was unexpected.

And yes, if the Thurg potion only affects Dain faction, then that item is all wrong and it needs a description fix at minimum. "Residents of Thurgadin"? Dain doesn't reside in Thurgadin, and the city residents are all on Coldain faction.
  14. Xirtket Augur

My coldain faction was ally, and remained ally after clicking the potion, as the only faction that was effected was Dain Frostweaver IV, which went from ready to attack to dubious.

I lost no faction with anything in Thurgadin, I remained ally after clicking it.
  15. Mykaylla Augur

Ah, it may be then that it couldn't increase your coldain faction any higher. Would be worth seeing if someone who has bad faction in both gets a positive hit to both. I've never used it because I've been max ally to both for years.
  16. Sebbina Augur

Get over it, you ruined the Dain faction, go fix it. One of the fastest ways to improve that faction other then hunting certain mobs, is to slaughter in eastern wastes for tundra Kodiak meat, snow bunny , and ulthork, redo to shawl 2, and then do parts 1 2 and 3 of shawl 3, over until you run out of parts. Make a buyer and buy the parts. the frost giant toes and giant warrior helms. Since everyone starts KOs to Dain all you have to do is regain from max Kos plus the range from reg start.
  17. Xirtket Augur

I did.. I bought a potion!! :eek: