Another Bard advice thread - Pulling

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Kid2, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Kid2 New Member

I am playing on Mangler. I have no idea how I am supposed to properly pull. I believe the only lull I get is level 8, correct? And that's single target. I don't believe I get an ae mezz, or a fade ability. Most dungeons have such weird los issues, so by the time they are in sight I am pulling the entire room anyway. I would like to be a little more helpful to my party. Can some one teach me?

In theory, it looks like all i can do is lull a few mobs, throw something at them, and then run back to my party hoping for only 1 or 2 mobs?
  2. Tucoh Augur

Much of this may be beyond your level, but I've found this is the best bard pulling guide:

https://everquest.fandom.com/wiki/Pulling_Guide
  3. Parker Elder

Lull and a thrower to pull at early levels, level 15 you get your first mez so when lull fails youll wanna immidiately start singing mez on your target then start cycling thru whatever adds to mez. If only one mob adds, mez the mob that resists lull first then just bring the other to group to be killed since you cant drop aggro at this level...youre not a splitter at this age...you are a single puller and/or CC at this age.

Bards used to have an aoe mez song that was the shiznat circa 2001 that was incredible aggro until they changed it.

Id suggest making a keyboard hotkey near your keyboard movement keys that functions as a cycle nearest npc button...helps immensely in coordination with singing mez to quickly lock down adds. We used to have to mouse click each and every add to mez...imagine that.
  4. took2summit11 Augur

You’ll want to start playing with fully zoomed out. Once you learn the spawns, you can easily look around corners to target mobs while being zoomed out. You can stay 100% out of LOS of them and your lull does not require LOS. Another helpful tip, I usually pull with dispel, right when I start casting it I start running back to the group. In a dungeon, this make the mobs out of LOS and will not be able to cast on me until I am back to the group, this is especially helpful for when mobs start to cast root on you right away.
  5. Nniki Augur

I personally have this set on a side mouse button. Love it there.
    Parker likes this.