Another Armor Ornamentation Post

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Braveheart, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Braveheart Augur

Should really consider letting us aug all types in our armor. You can see in this photo mixing Silk with Plate looks much nicer than all plate. It's easy enough to illusion glitch but requires doing so everytime you zone/die.
    [IMG]
  2. Sinestra Augur

This was just brought up by me in the thread about the changes coming to Hero's Forge. Did you see the new sneak peak at the HF changes?
  3. Braveheart Augur

yes armor refit. would still like to see it get shared accross all archtypes.
  4. Tegila Augur

aye its discussedm ultiple places, but it's true. i mix n match on my druid al lthe time..but i can do that bc she wears leather. my plate and chains can't and thus wear none or nearly none (only 1 of my 3 smithed armor wearers has hf and only wears 2 items of 8, teh druid can wear silk and leather and mix them all up to make a look where one set is ugly and antoher isnt etc. plate/chain have been asking to be able to at least wear both for a while. why should we have to sue the ilusion trick to do waht silk andl eather wearers can do without it? I'd probably like it better if we coudl wear all types, but late/chain mixing would suffice to me, most the plate stuff looks slimey and way way oversized, and most the chain stuff is platesized and looks more plate than chain, why not let us mix. the silk sets make it obvious this has nothign to do with lore lol
  5. Kurayami Augur

I would spend the SC to enable ornamentation as soon as I could if I heard they unlocked ornamentations to work in all armor types. I am sure I am not the only one either. $$$ is a good reason to make a change that in all reality for gameplay and such, is just fluff right?
  6. Kaylord101 Elder

what that is the name of that armor in the pic, looks pretty sweet.
  7. SpamFactory Augur

I have the unpopular opinion and think they should not just open up all ornaments to all armour types.
    Plate for the various sets has a lot of demand since it has the most classes, and I wouldn't like having even more people in demand for plate pieces.
    I don't even think they should have let those wizard hats open to non-casters, but they did.

next people are going to want every weapon ornament usable in any weapon type. customization is nice but I really think there should be some limitations.
  8. Revulsion Elder

well personally I don't like the new hero armor its bulky ugly and just looks dumb, its bulky, and for chain classes its just downright ugly part chain/plate and the boots look like some huge snow boots or something. I probably won't be using the armor at all period till they can make it look better.
  9. Braveheart Augur

Insidious (Raid Armor)
    Plate Chest
    Plate Legs
    Plate Hands
    Silk Arms
    Silk Wrist
    Silk Boots
    Kaylord101 likes this.
  10. Braveheart Augur

This is already happening. All new LON pack weapon augs fit in any 1hand. eg. If you get the h2h you can put it in any 1hander, if you get the sword, you can put it in any 1hander.
  11. Braveheart Augur

march patch, it is giving a retro-fit. Everything will fit alot nicer. It appears some items are given a color upgrade too. Now the base set is Grey, and the noble is grey/blue. It looks like Noble will now be Black/Blue making it more unique. I think this was a great idea.
    Kaylord101 likes this.
  12. SpamFactory Augur

yup, it's happened with lon's 2 most recent expansions. I don't agree with it either.
    they haven't extended it to all weapon ornamnets, though.
  13. Talif Augur

EQ2 has been wide open for years. People thought it was a horrible idea for about a week and then no one cared anymore because they realized it made the game more fun and didn't upset the power balance at all.
  14. Tegila Augur

i wont be all that happy if it messes with what ive alreayd put together for my toons by completely changing colors etc. fit, ok, expanding (not all/all) armor types, please, but changingexisting colors..no. just make new sets for new colors
  15. Kaylord101 Elder

i am for all weapons and armor on everything, does not, in no way change the balance, and it makes for a more custom look. if you dont like it, then dont buy it....
  16. Braveheart Augur

I think it's a change for the better:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  17. Nolrog Augur

I'm all for more customization options.
  18. Tegila Augur

teh size change is good, might make plate wearable ehh..but drasticly changing the colors..not so much. if you have mix n matched sets like theabove posted with silver underlay, and its mixed with thestock silver pieces, then the new armor is now nearly black instead, it will no longer match the silver. also you mentioned theyre changing the default colors to like tan or something..that makes no sense either as thedefaults now are of various colors, cream, gold, silver, etc. thats only part im worriedabout, mixing and matching has become a way for people to make these cookiecutter (yes, since not dyable etc) pieces more unique, if theyve used this piece and that piece because they matched and now thecolors will be entirely different, they wont work anymore.

thatsaid, i sure hope the black set actualyl looks black in the end instead of dark purple. the oilslick look's gotta go too
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

These on test now?
  20. Maereax Augur

Ohhh, what? Do boots on iksars look non-terrible now?! The current size is... bad