Anniversary DSH Ongoing Raid.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bardan Masquerader, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Bardan Masquerader Journeyman

Does anyone else think the Steam Capacitor drop rate is underwhelmingly low? We have box groups camping the Mech for all the items/health updates at any given time. It's not even really a raid anymore. Can we get some increased drop rates for these Capacitors? Seeing as how the Mech takes a ridiculously long time to kill these days due to lack of true raid force involvement, these capacitors need to be increased substantially. At least 1 per wave of adds would be a decent increase. Anyone else?
    Vento likes this.
  2. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Very low drop rate, rarest item IMHO. I saw 4 drop in 4 hrs.
    One pull I saw 2 drop.
    Vento likes this.
  3. Vento New Member

I agree. At this point, just eliminate having to loot and hand in the drops from the waves of adds. Reduce the quest steps to only include the updates as the guardian drops in health. The zone would be loaded with folks trying to drop the guardian for the Whirlygig Mount then, instead of competing and arguing over drops and trying to kill adds before anyone else does. It was and always has been a very stupid quest. I JUST finished it after 9 years, the other night. I just didn't want to deal with the volatility of people over a virtual item. It is pretty neat though. I just don't think people want to spend days camping a drop. It's ridiculous.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

While it can be rare but I just got 5 to drop while I was alone in the zone with my alts.

No one is camping it on Tunare and the drops are all over so that part is not hard. I keep doing "parts is parts" on the rest of the group there are so many other quest items dropping. But that only gives a few exp after you claim the two gears.

The % the guardian goes down is very very slow if your the only one damaging it. And just parking your alt in the tower and leaving game and computer on in hopes someone will do some damage in the meantime is not working too well.

Its long, its hard, its a pita - just like 75% of the rest of the game.

No need to change the drop rate or the needing of the items. They all relate to the story. Yes, there is a story. If anything needs changing it would be the updates being so slow on the % of the Guardian when your doing it solo.
  5. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

The purpose to have this item a rare item or lower drop rate item is to make you be there instead of afk'ing during the robot kill time.
    Keep the quest as it is.
    2 full groups I helped do it all have completed it in the same night. This is old EQ.
    Back in the day, quests with (those words) you click to get the NPC to talk to you did not exist. You have to guess the right words or figure out what the right questions were to advance in the conversation. This meant you running across the world to talk to various NPC's to find out what the topic of the sentence was to get a reply to come back to say, ' what about those words? '
  6. Bardan Masquerader Journeyman

This is far from old EQ, this isn't camping a mob that spawns once every 3 to 4 days with a 12 hour variation. It's not figuring out the phrases to say, or writing down npc speech for later investigation. It's an anniversary quest that people literally take their box groups to and horde the drops for their alts they'll never use. Most of us don't need a history lesson on EQ, I've been on since very near to the beginning. Very Fast mounts are not rare in game, the blessing Beza isn't very good and it doesn't stack with illusion blessings such as the COTF Gunthak illusions. In 2011 this mount was ridiculous, uber, the best in game, but now it's not. It's not even a real quest anymore, it's 2 or 3 people at a time sitting in front and to the sides of the Mech waiting for waves to spawn and seeing who can get them all first and having their 4-5 boxes loot the items. It's just a grab bag, and it doesn't matter what time of the day you log in, some box group is there.

The original post was meant to increase the drop rate on the rarest of the items, due to what I mentioned above. It's not to make EQ easier, it's to help people that don't have a day to burn in a zone get some cool anniversary mount. I would think 1 Capacitor per wave (which is every 15-20 minutes) is more than fair for a 9 year old recurring, LIMITED TIME anniversary event.