Anchors and housing space

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by jgrahl, Nov 22, 2022.

1. jgrahl New Member

Please make Primary and Secondary Anchors not take up housing item space in guild halls. Sometimes there are so many guild members and alts that can take up space when placing anchors. Yes, it can be managed, but it would be great to allow everyone to place their Anchor and come together right now.

Can there be a specific location for them if they must take up space? Could anchors turn into a new spell instead of being an item or in addition to the item? This would free up more space to decorate guild halls with all of the portals, paintings, and whatever else we have for vanity items. I think every guild leader would love this.
    Fenthen, tUVDALLE and Angahran like this.
  2. Eurle New Member

I second this!
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/guild-plot-space-and-personal-anchors.285357/
  4. Angahran Augur

What they really need is to have a single 'Guild Anchor' placeable in guild halls and a new clicky item that guild members can purchase that will port to that item.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

The only difference with this is that currently an anchor can be put into any guildhall, even one that is not the guild of your character (i.e. an allied guild). If, for example, a wizard in guild A places an anchor in guild B's hall (and not in guild A's hall), if that wizard casts the portal to guild hall, the destination is guild B's hall. You can't do that if there is a single guild hall anchor that individuals in the guild needs to attune to (like in EQ2) or buy something to attune to.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If the idea is to make a new guild primary/secondary anchor that would be in addition to the current ones I think this is a good idea. I have also suggested making an NPC that guilds can place and players can hand over an existing anchor to have it port to the NPC instead of placing the anchor.

Don't forget that they can be placed in player housing as well and it is not just restricted to guild halls.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Whichever way is suggested it needs to allow for the fact that F2P cannot place anchors in guild halls. So that likely would affect things a bit.

As mentioned before I just use a plot nearby the guild hall for F2P and I set it up like a stables so horses/mounts have another place to hang out too.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Would love a shared guild hall port and would gladly delete the 30 or so anchors of mine in the Ring of Valor guild hall that form a giant T.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

Man, a singular "Guild anchor" item and everyone being able to have a guild anchor transport device would be amazing.
    Fenthen likes this.