Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by BoingyBoing, Dec 30, 2015.

1. BoingyBoing Journeyman

Is this meant to be group content for players with group gear?

Talking to my friends only very specific raid geared groups have beaten this.
    • Tank/cleric/chanter/wiz/wiz/wiz
    • Tank/cleric/chanter/necro/wiz/wiz

Is this meant to penalise melee so hard and have such extreme requirements to beat?

What do others think?
    Burstaf likes this.
  2. Wonton Apprentice

You must not read these forums. There are roughly a dozen pages of similar gripes and whines on the front page now. Check out the I surrender thread, and the other version of anashti thread.

Short answer: No. You don't need raid gear. Raid gear doesn't suddenly make you better at the game. Your friends are wrong.
  3. Duhbeast Augur

It was already nerfed once wasn't it? Are you talking pre nerf or current state? It was more hardcore by far before the change, from what I can recall. I believe the nerf was the crystal health and time on add spawns.
  4. BoingyBoing Journeyman

I am talking right now, if people are saying its group gear doable, no problems, I will knuckle down with my melee friends and try harder.
  5. Duhbeast Augur

Those groups might have been formed to try to avoid her self buff cleric mark that heals her when hit with melee. It is easy to dispell or avoid all together by burning.
  6. Axxius Augur

You can do it with good melee dps as well. Although WIZ Mana Burn is by far the easiest way to deal with the 1st phase.

Ironically, this mission is much harder for 6 people than the raid version of it for 54. Talk about bad scaling and tuning.
    roguerunner and Sancus like this.
  7. Darkark Augur

Can confirm it's do-able with a melee group. I was probably just along for the ride more than anything, but our group was War / Clr / Shm / Rog / Rog / Mnk if I recall ... monk was dispelling her mark.
  8. Silv Augur

Beaten it with SK/Clr/Ench/Wiz/Rng/Rng. Another guildy has done it with numerous setups, one of which was War/Shm/Zerk/Monk/Rog/Rog.

Most combinations can do it provided they are actually intelligent. If you stack 3 melee, an Ench, Druid, and tank in a group you're just asking for fail, or at least making it much more difficult.

But like I said... the mission doesn't penalize any class. It's just easier with some than others... like every other single thing in EQ.
  9. Roxxanna Augur

Nicely done people, you managed to give good advice rather than proclaim yourself God and tell them to stop sucking......there is hope for the human race.
    Fanra and Tarvas like this.
  10. Klak Augur

Done it many times with melee groups and soloed healed it each time.

Stop sucking and I am God. Kappa

Sorry Roxx
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  11. Qulas Augur

We beat it once with

Warrior, Cleric, Druid, Enchanter, Enchanter, Monk,
  12. Roxxanna Augur

(SHD, RNG, WIZ, BRD, CLR) All raid geared, but I don't think it really made a difference, knowing the mechanics is what matters.
  13. Iila Augur

I've done it with Clr/SK/Dru/Enc/Wiz/Wiz and Clr/SK/Dru/Wiz/Wiz/Wiz.

That's just because
    nm, there it is.
    Klak likes this.
  14. justasub Journeyman

yeah raid gear does nothing for you...how about taking that *crap off and doing it in other stuff?...now theres an lol
  15. Agrippa Augur

I won't say that raid gear doesn't give a distinct advantage, but I'm surprised with all of the challenges that people present against using it in group content that we haven't seen people going and equipping defiant and beating these events just to prove people wrong.

Personally, I would love it if a guild like RoI were to ban raid gear on their members for like a month and beat the raids of the expansion again in nothing but group gear just to shut people up. I'm sure it's not beyond them.
  16. plobb Elder

Why not just join a raid guild and then raid a few times a week for most likely a lot less time than you play casually ,or probably even sit there lfg, and have an easier time at group content? If you can spare a few hours during the evening a few times a week its definitely worth it.

I have found that my play time is a lot less with my guild than when I was casual, and a lot more fulfilling in that I now achieve a lot more during my playtime.
  17. Wonton Apprentice

I'm in something like 80% group gear, with severely outdated augs. I came back to everquest after a very long break in early November. My damage focuses are all group. My heroics and mod2s are weird and not optimized. But you know what? This is everquest. If you learn to press the right buttons during the right times in the right order, you can do really good damage as a wizard even without raid focuses.

My tank for the mission was a shadowknight bot that's roughly a month old using all group gear, sub-optimal AAs, and trash augs as well(mostly vendor'd from ETWK). For about half of the achievements we needed we were using healer mercs. Once, we had a guildy paladin who just self healed and chain stunned.

I'm sorry, but the difference between a fully group geared TBM toon and a fully raid geared in partial TBM but mostly TDS isn't significant enough to be the ONLY factor in your ability to complete a mission. My buddies and I did these with weird group setups, with bots, and two group geared toons plus a merc a lot of the time.

The thing that makes these easier is getting real people in the group. Be creative. That paladin I mentioned-- most of the mobs in TBM are very stunnable. He used that to his advantage. We had a ranger join us for a while(he was raid geared) but he spent more time CCing than DPSing because sometimes it's better to park monsters than it is to kill them.

Sure, having some folks with raid gear makes things a bit more forgiving but you people act as if putting these pieces on makes you more intelligent and better at making decisions too. Come on.

I could take off my 4-5 pieces of raid gear and replace it with group slots and still perform just as well. And the tank card doesn't fly, because of the aforementioned shadow knight.

Some of these missions require weird heals, or you can burn and bypass certain mechanics. Try things out a few times or do some research/ask around. If you know that a monster starts doing something bad shortly after hitting x%, maybe slow burn close to that and then go ham on it and bypass an entire mode of the encounter.

There's more to it than dummying your way through things with a ton of hitpoints.
    Klak likes this.
  18. Roxxanna Augur

This made me laugh more than I care to admit
    THIS!!!!

It's exactly what I did, I guest raided my off. It was ALOT of hard work, often raiding for weeks on end for nothing but raid coin, but geared through Arx 5, met a crapload of awesome people and got my name out there.
  19. Klak Augur

Hard work for arx. Haha you got jokes.
  20. Roxxanna Augur

Yea, it was hard work for me. I guest raided 5 days a week with different guilds for the last year, most of the time we had several guilds doing the same raid (our raid leaders are the true heros for being able to keep it all together) Most of the time we had several people who didn't know what to do. First time raiders. Sometimes we only had 35 people. Nearly everytime we were SEVERELY under-cleric'd. Try keeping an entire raid alive with 4 clerics, 3 of which are being boxed by you, and the 4th has a bad spell set but won't listen. I come from a family, no-raiding guild, not from the #1 raid guild in EQ, where I'm surrounded by the best of the best. I'm sure your all VERY good, I'm sure it would be a treat to watch you roll over this . But that's a country on the other side of the ocean from me. You should try it, tag along with a lower ranked guild who's struggling........wipe, rinse, repeat, repeat it 500 more times.
  21. Benzarden Augur

No thanks, that sounds terrible. I'm not a masochist, and I value my time. Nobody is forced into raiding with a bunch of bad players. A vast majority of the top 10 guilds in this game are recruiting clerics. Maybe you should try raiding with a top ranked guild instead of suffering through content and then complaining about it on the forums. Work smarter, not harder.

Or maybe your thing is to try to help the little guy. If so, whatever floats your boat. But if that's what you enjoy, you can't really complain about riding in the struggle bus. You see free limousines all around you, but you're the one electing to still ride the struggle bus.

Klak's delivery is a little rough on the edges, but it doesn't make him wrong. Since the release of CotF, this game has been facerollingly easy
    Klak likes this.