amount of overseer merc aa is wrong

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by xcitng, Dec 15, 2021.

1. xcitng Augur

something is wrong with the merc aa on my 2 characters recently made, they are not getting near as much merc aa as my 2 other chars that i've played overseer longer on

rhaami - xegony

56 mostly 12 hr quests (no fails)
    23 critical success
    33 success
    only 2 merc aa

khariz - xegony

117 mostly 12hr quests completed (no fails)
    42 critical success
    75 success
    only 4 merc aa

gm woebot ran a fix on both characters last week
    Carden likes this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Not real sure what your numbers are supposed to be showing, but the amount of merc AA you get is based on a percentage of the xp you get. Once you hit 111, the amount of xp required for each level increases dramatically (hell levels), so naturally the amount of regular xp you get as a reward (a percentage) and the amount of merc AA you get (based on that percentage) on any given task will go up. That's why there's a huge jump in the XP and merc AA rewards from a level 110 toon to a level 111 toon.

This is only on the straight xp reward. If you're talking about the merc AA reward option, it's always going to be a pittance since it's a coded amount and not a percentage. Once you hit a certain level (not sure what that is) taking the straight xp reward is far better than the merc AA reward. And once you hit 111, never ever take the merc AA reward option.
    Mukkul likes this.
  3. xcitng Augur

only doing straight experience and both are level 106
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

How much merc AA does the quest say you're getting? At 106, it's probably not going to be much. I know from experience that it takes several quests sub-110 to get even a single merc AA.
  5. xcitng Augur

it only says you have gained 1 mercenary aa and how many aa she has now ... also, this morning on khariz her total quests now say she has 0 completed, i have seen others say in chat that has happened to them too
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, everyone is getting their Overseer stats reset now. It happened on one of my accounts at some point.

When you run a quest, the reward window will tell you how much merc AA it will give you. Prior to 110/111, that amount is really low, like .27 of a point or something like that. Once you hit 111, you'll start getting tasks that give out 1+ merc AA as part of the reward.
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

Longstanding issue, the system that loads the Overseer data (likely the account system) is asynchronous so it doesn't pull the data until you load your character in. If it times out before the client gets the data, it shows 0. The data is still there in the account system it's just not going to re-sync with the client until you camp to desktop and log back in to try to get it to reload. Same thing can happen with achievements.
  8. Alterrus New Member

There is some truth to what they say. I have 2 116 chars doing Overseer. For a 12 hour quest with 1.00% exp, I have one char who gets 1.6 merc AA's, and one who gets 0.83 merc AA's. that seems like a big difference for chars getting the same overseer EXP and the same level.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Common military and stealth tasks are 12 hour but give less xp than the 12 hour common trade/exploration/diplomacy tasks, which give the 1% xp. Are you sure you're doing the same type of tasks?
  10. Alterrus New Member

All 12-hour easy and common quests list the same 1.00% char exp and 78.29% merc AA (They are 117 now) on my accounts. Though they do both match up as the same right now compared to earlier today. It is possible I was mistaken, but it could also be possible it is a communication bug in the code that doesn't always happen. Also, not sure why yours would list different exp for military and stealth quests then what I am currently seeing in my overseer.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

Ah, I see what the problem is. All my collectible related stats are maxxed, the others aren't. I rarely run them because I mainly use it for collections and tradeskill materials. Until this expansion, that is. :D