Am I wrong to waste this xp boost event?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by asfasfasfasf, Sep 3, 2017.

1. asfasfasfasf Augur

I am a returning player and I don't really know anything beyond GoD expansion. So I started from scratch and have levelled up to 77 by enjoying my favorite zones and reminiscing. The last couple of levels I did Gribbles HA and got 2 levels in a day so I know I can level fast like that if I want to. But I don't want to miss out on important or very fun parts of the game and I don't want to outlevel stuff and then find it too easy.

On my to do list I have MPG Trials and DoN progression because apparently they are essential, so I plan to do those at level 85 ish or later. Also at 85 I plan to do all Feerrott quests for the full set of augs, and I want to do House of Thule because it sounds fun and I've never seen it. And there is an item from Argath I want to camp at about level 90 ish, I could really use a few of them.

But for now should I just grind through HA's to get to 85? Or should I do "SoD progression for paragon gear" which sounds like great gear and maybe fun to do? Anything else that is "must see"?
  2. Nolrog Augur

Are you having fun? Because that's all that really matters
  3. asfasfasfasf Augur

Sometimes. I had fun doing Feerrot quests on a heroic character, but with my real characters I did DoN progression and it was way too grindy. HA's are nice to see the exp move finally, especially with the exp bonus, but they are kinda boring to do. I think the most fun I have is in dungeons like Seb but I haven't seen a dungeon since about level 65 ish.
  4. Questoften32 Augur

That and that you set it up so you can continue to do so.
  5. asfasfasfasf Augur

I started on Oceangreen Hills progression, I think it is more fun :) I will miss the exp event but at least I can still do HA's whenever I need to make some exp and they are not too slow without the event.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Your not missing the exp event, whatever you are killing as long as you are getting exp, you are benefiting from the exp event. :)

Enjoy it while you can :)
  7. Otiswar New Member

I never feel as if I need to make sure I get time in game for these extra XP events, I just play, (or don't) as usual. The XP boost is sweet for sure, but unless you're grinding away as quickly as possible, there is no need to concern yourself. Nolrog asked the right question. Fun is what it's about.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

Ignore xp bonus's. Just play the game, have fun. If you try to xp extra hard during xp bonus time, it turns it more into a job than a game.

Just log in, have fun, bonus or no bonus.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You mentioned leveling up to level 77, so it sounds like this is not a heroic character. That being the case, I don't think you get those augs from the Feerrott quests. I thought those were only for heroics.

Tat
  10. Scorrpio Augur

Point 1: unless your character is heroic, you will not get any augs from Feerrott quests.
    Point 2: there are lots more HAs than Gribbles. Try bixie, Neriak, ethernere. For those, respectively, Snazliew, Rozz and Marla are the easiest.
    Point 3: as others said, if you play and get xp, you are getting the bonus. Xp this weekend was pretty good. Been killing stuff in Lceanium and FM to help guildies fill in some hunters, and getting 2-3 AA per kill. Got over 400 points over weekend.
  11. Kyzvs Augur

Compared to GoD, normal XP is an order of magnitude faster, so as the others have said, if you are having fun I wouldn't worry about it :)