Am I missing it?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Padrey, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Padrey Journeyman

So I keep only 2 windows open really, one for chat, and one for everything else. Everything else, as you can imagine would simply spam that window so I don't really even look at it. Here's my problem, I know about the filters tab under Alt-O, but there is still a TON of stuff I dont wish to see that apparently didn't make the filter list. as a fix, I simply add stuff I dont have any desire to see to a new window, and then close (minimize?) that window. Is there a better way?

Thanks.
  2. Crystilla Augur

That's the only way. First in options/filters turn off everything you don't want to see - then for everything else that's left, make that new window, filter out those items there and then minimize it. You can shrink it and make both normal/faded transparencies really low (don't put both at 0, but you can put one at 0 and the other really low). Then it doesn't even get seen.
  3. Yther Augur

Crystilla's idea is good to in case you ever want to restore it to see it, as minimizing a window then restoring it later can crash the system and at least will lag you out for several seconds even if there isn't a whole lot in it. If chat is all you are viewing, then you probably should have a 2nd window for the occasionally important things like emotes and certain spell info (saying when a mob is casting complete heal and/or gate and/or other critical spells), if you don't use audio triggers for them. You can do it however though. It's just something I do, since I don't care about much any more like hits, misses, etc.

Yther Ore.
  4. Fendy Augur

I use 3 windows. One is for communication. All tells, group, guild, raid, chat channels and fellowship messages go there. Directly behind it is a window for all combat spam. I offset them slightly so I can bring one or the other forward as needed. Not as nice as tabbed windows but it works. The last window is for ooc, say, shout, emotes, system message, /who etc.
  5. Borek-VS Augur

The minimised window fix works, but trying to open it will usually crash my client, as Yther points out.