Alternative Communication Channels

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Koshk, Aug 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koshk Augur

A short while ago, I read the entirety of the now-locked thread: "Constructive criticism regarding recent ban waves." I felt there was a good mixture of excellent responses, unhelpful responses, and everything in between. Pretty typical for folks here.

Yet the official staff responses, and closing of the thread, really concern and bother me. I am unable to elaborate further, because that's against the forum rules.

My ask: Does the user community have the equivalent of Unofficial EQ Forums or Unofficial EQ Chat somewhere on the web?

I am aware of some server-specific social channels. Some class-specific ones. Even some purpose-driven ones (e.g. Rasper's). However, I'm not aware of an unofficial, generic alternative to the Official Forums and Discord.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.
    Brontus likes this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The thread was only locked after multiple rule violations and there was even multiple warnings about the violations.
    minimind and code-zero like this.
  3. YelinakIsFun Journeyman

Apparently mentioning Multiplicity now gets threads removed(I'm not talking about the thread above).

Apparently they have drawn their line in the sand regarding that software when threads are removed when asking about it. RIP anyone's account when using that software, since they refuse to have a dialog with their paying customers on how to use QoL software without having to fear the ban waves.

Paying customers trying to respect the rules while trying to use QoL software vs obvious afk botters not getting banned because their program can answer a simple afk check, is what we've come to.
  4. Quik Augur

The staff response was just fine. They posted the specific rules for what was in question, but it wasn't what the trolls wanted to see so they start picking it apart and demanding more detailed rules that simply aren't needed.

Use your common sense and you are fine.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  5. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

They don't have to name programs, but approved functions would be helpful. Input broadcasting, parsing, UI mods, character model mods, notification overlays and audio triggers, etc.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Koshk likes this.
  7. Quik Augur

They don't need to have a dialogue ROFL.

THEY own the game. They can state was is and is not allowed, which they have done.

WE as the players can either follow the rules or not and take our chances.

Posting feedback is fine, but accusing DBG of picking and choosing and deliberately ignoring or breaking their own rules is certainly not going to get them to listen at all.

If they don't want certain types of behind the scenes software allowed then it's not allowed.

The problem isn't the posts that are trying to explain why the software should be allowed, the problem are the posts that get aggressive and start throwing insults everywhere.
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Koshk likes this.
  9. Quik Augur

I'm really confused. In that thread Angelique literally stated what was against the rules. GINA has been stated many times as being ok because it goes exclusively off of the logs and does not input anything into the game, just an audio trigger. Parsing is fine because it goes off of logs and does not do any inputting into the game other then posting into text. There is nothing tricky or hidden about any of this.

Go back and read her post and it covers all this.
  10. YelinakIsFun Journeyman

They've already stated in the past, programs you cannot use. One would assume you can use that which isn't on that list already talked about, but apparently that isn't true & we need to just either read their minds or pray we don't eat a suspension with an ambiguous reason, because someone at this company changed their minds and didn't bother telling their paying customer base, or updating their ambiguous "rules".
  11. Koshk Augur

Thank you Tucoh and Skrab for staying on-topic, and talking about alternative communication channels.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Doesn't matter if your speeding in a Tesla or a Toyota, its still speeding. The police do not argue the point either.
    Captain Video, Nennius and minimind like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.