Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

People have asked for over decade to be able to share their fellowship, progression flags/achievements, and the like with their alts. Literally everything that Alternate personas can do people have been asking for just on an account basis rather than limiting it to a character basis. People wanted to share their TS skills with their alts, share their flags/keys/progression with their alts, and share all of the no drop gear that they have gotten with their alts. Their alts also can all be different races, with different deities, and different classes.

If alternate personas go forward as they are they will be a failure, because it will be 2-3 times faster for people just to camp to an alt and run them to wherever the group is, than it will be to use alternate personas. Just having to run back and forth to a non-combat or approved zone alone makes alternate personas worthless. Forcing the characters to be the same race and deity as the main persona, just defeats the point all together.

This is exactly why the CRC is worthless; all of these kind of changes should have been discussed with the entire community, not a select few people. Had they been actually fully discussed the time spent could either have been directed to something more beneficial to everyone or have fixed the feature to actually do what people actually wanted rather than having everyone a few weeks out from release of the expansion find out that the feature is complete garbage.
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Except it takes 2-3 times longer to switch between personas than it does alts, and the alts are free.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Or, they could have made all no drop gear heirloom, and changed the progression stuff to per account, which is what people actually asked for. That way you could move the gear around as you like; all the benefits none of the drawbacks.
    Velisaris_MS and strongbus like this.
  4. Marton Augur

He is talking about evolving items I'm guessing.
    CdeezNotes likes this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is making a lot of assumptions about how the system will work when currently on beta you can instantly swap personas as long as you are in OOC regen. Also I am guessing the amount of work needed to share things such as tradeskills is a lot less with this system then making it across all characters on the server.
    Micker99 likes this.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Progression, flags, and TSs are all minor annoyances honestly. They can be done easily enough. People were wanting to get rid of that annoyance. Similarly there are a large number of achievements that you DO NOT want to share. Specifically all of the ones that give giant amounts of XP to you. I am sure that you will love grinding from 110-125 for each of your alt personas without the xp bonuses.

Instead of listening to the playerbase, the Devs decided to reinvent the wheel.
  7. CdeezNotes Augur

The question was rhetorical because he is almost unbelievably wrong
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Chase items are explicitly things like the RZ ear and the NoS Cloak. You are talking about ultra rare items from what you are talking about, and maybe thinking of Anniversary/Event items.
    I am talking about chase items, as in what the Devs call chase items. Not ultra rare items or whatever you guys are thinking of.
    Nope, you are confused about what chase items are.
  9. strongbus Augur

I would be ok with that. I would love it if they could make heirloom work with account that are owned by the same person as well but i don't see that happen.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I have been going through from the last time I was on and replying. This was based all on what you and others like you who claimed to have inside knowledge about how it was working, and multiple comments specifically stating that you will only be able to change in specific zones and that the reason was specifically because just ooc regen would be too exploitable.

Sharing TS would not be that hard to implement, they already have sharing Achievements across an account; just make the TS achievements shared across the account. Then when the character logs in check the achievements, and set the TS's to the achievement level. The same could be done with the progression/zone access achievements.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Be nice, but between the issue of getting different accounts to know that they can share, and people selling accounts; it probably not likely to be considered.
  12. Iuwene Augur

Did you ever get any TS to 350? Not even speaking of all of them.
    A minor annoyance, indeed. :eek:
  13. CdeezNotes Augur

Seems you have no clue what a chase item is. It's not limited to two items lol.

All rof chase raid items, zonewide rare clicks, shrink clicks, buff/stat clicks, etc are all CHASE items. There's no way you can legitimately argue the twincast clicky or grelleth proc buff clicky isn't a chase item.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

The heirloom stuff was already in game, on Oakwynd. The sharing achievement stuff was also already in game with Overseer, just need to apply that code to all achievements.

Everything people wanted was already in game...there was zero reason to bother with this persona nonsense, other than as a cash grab.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And we have some actual knowledge now of how they are currently working on beta.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Apparently, you missed the word "like" (as in simililar to) in what I said. The use of the word like in such a sentence means that the list is not comprehensive but representative.

All of those items which you mentioned are ultra rare not chase items.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Yes, minor annoyance. Even less of an annoyance as more useful tools have been created to follow what recipes are missing. I suggest Soulbanshee's app.
  18. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I still think of Ultra Rares as the chase items. You can’t chase an evolving item that you get from the first step of a quest.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Even the cash grab part wasn't a good reason for it. All they need to do was to make the feature link to your existing alts but be limited to a certain number unless you buy the expansion or unlockers.
  20. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You chase the final version is the item that you chase. If you want to keep thinking of them your way that is fine, but expect to be confused and disappointed by any discussion of chase items by the Devs, as they consider chase items to be the items like RZ earring or the NoS cloak, and the ones that are just insanely rare drops to be ultra rares.