Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Again, we don't need to communicate with the devs to know that not all player models support all graphics armors or animations, We also don't need to communicate with the devs to know that they don't have various tradeskill combines for any currently unsupported race/class/deity combinations with it comes to things like cultural armor and special items such as the fait/spirit stones.

Why exactly do we need them to communicate that for us to see it in the game?
  2. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I guess TLPs don't exist and nobody will be making Personas.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And would we really be seeing a lot of the newly available options being used in large enough numbers to justify the time in money to fix all the issues with missing/broken things?

Again, I never said they would have no added value, just questioning that they would add enough value to cover the costs involved as well as what other work they would replace in the schedule.
  4. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Bro, this thread your posting in is about a feature that centered around people creating multiple 'alts'. They just exponentially increased the amount of new characters created, and the potential for race changes.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

It blows my mind how little you understand the point. No one is arguing that graphics and animations are missing. The question is DOES IT MATTER? You keep saying it does. Others say it doesn't.
    Barton, Skuz, Rikantiz and 2 others like this.
  6. Randomized Augur

Probably a lot. Remember how many people were upset that we got Wood Elf Beastlords over...whatever the competition was. The fact that I don't think Dark Elf Rangers made it to the second round (although that seemed to be the only thing the Forums were talking about when it was an option).

Heroic characters are still a big seller (seen a lot of the 100's pop up for this experience bonus) simply for their convenience of not having to go through the easy but tedious lower levels. And why would I want to re-level the exact same character I already have and deal with the AA and gear and aug and achievement hunting when I can conveniently pay to change to what I want right then and there?

I think it would have more value than you're giving it credit to (I honestly think I'd make a Berserker if a Gnome or Halfling could fill it's shoes).

Never said you did. I was just giving an example of how they've gone back and changed things from prior expansions and added to them with the introduction of "something new", as early as the first expansion. Just pointing out that going back and adding in things isn't something that Everquest has never done before.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. FranktheBank Augur

That poll being being rigged is basically an open secret, like who killed tupac. Man, wood elf bsts winning... what a joke.
    Rikantiz and KushallaFV like this.
  8. Randomized Augur

I honestly don't remember much from it. I think I only figured out how to vote on the poll towards the end anyway and didn't really follow along with it (it mattered not to me really)
  9. CdeezNotes Augur

Ogres the hands down most popular tank race in the game for TLPs for stun immunity. You don't think they'd instantly become one of the top choices for all classes? Tell us little you know without actually saying it. Ogre Enc would literally be the single most popular combo made on every TLP going forward. The impact (or value) it would have is absolutely massive.
  10. Marton Augur

Almost 60 pages and no FAQ I assume?
  11. Alnitak Augur

Take off your tin-foil cap.
    Wood-elf beastlords are awesome! I have two, and plan to make the third one.
    What if your problem with wood-elf beastlords?
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Iksar Berserkers.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Iksar Berserker never made sense. They’re pacifists and friends to all.
  14. FranktheBank Augur

There is no world where wood elf bsts beat out dark elf ranger and iksar berserkers.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The feature is not around creating alts in the sense that most people think of them but different classes for an existing characters and it is based on the existing race/class combinations. And that still doesn't show that it would be worth the amount of time and money to enable all race to be all classes with the amount of work that would be needed to fix the missing/broken items when you factor in what other work would need to be cut. Just because some people would use something doesn't mean the return on value is worth it.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Wood Elf's already supported leather armor just as Dark Elf's already supported chain armor, not to mention you are talking about a single race/class of items to back populate compare to the dozens of race/class combinations if they enabled all races to be all classes.

Unless this was not allowed on a TLP server you would also need to factor in the lower levels as well

Not when you factor in the amount of work that it would take to create all the missing parts.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

Maybe they think that since it's on beta (I think?), the bits and pieces of info people are posting is good enough and there's no longer a need for a FAQ.

I'm not holding my breath that they'd get one out this month, or at all to be honest. They may put something out when the expansion launches.
  18. Tuco Augur

I doubt they think that. The current implementation doesn't answer most of the difficult questions from the questions the players posed. The hard questions are mostly various forms of, "Is this problem going to be handled cleanly?"

The developers don't have the answers to the questions because they are scrambling to implement as much as possible of The Vision (tm) as they can.

The answer that there hasn't been time to collect the questions is probably just a distraction, due to how trivial it'd be for someone from the CRC to organize the questions.

Based on how long it's taken to answer the questions I'm staying as far away as possible from the feature on release and will switch my main to a persona next year. If they can't answer a few basic questions on it, the chance of characters breaking is way too high for my tastes and I don't want to add to the queue of people asking for character rollbacks.
    KushallaFV likes this.
  19. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

This is a fair point combined Skuz's point about what happens to Personas when they move to next year's new feature? Realistically, they don't got the resources to properly maintain Alternate Personas, and develop them into a complete, coherent implementation.

It's really disappointing that JChan doesn't hop and start answering questions. She's the captain, and this her ship. Give us some answers.
    Metanis likes this.
  20. Ogrebeast New Member

When will this thread end