Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Micker99 Augur

I highly doubt you share any worn equipment between main and personas. I'm sure it's just like logging in an alt, just the same name and flags. You will have to gear up the persona and when you switch, it will use whatever gear you have for that persona, just like an alt. It's basically an alt, you don't have to log off to switch to and run to where you are, I would imagine. Mostly just a QoL improvement, saving the time of running an alt somewhere and flagging them.

Like I said, this could be the coolest feature in a LONG time or something nobody uses, it has potential for both.
  2. Bernel Augur

One thing I don't understand is why someone would skill up in a tradeskill that they already have on an alt. I'm not a tradeskiller. But I would think that if I had an alt with high tailoring, I would use that alt for the tailoring combine rather than skillup from scratch in tailoring in another character. Why would someone want to have multiple characters with high skills in the same tradeskill?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Alnitak Augur

Tradeskill-based questlines: currently RZ earring and Artisan Seal.
    Bernel likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They specifically call out sharing the inventory between personas in the announcement and preorder
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  5. CdeezNotes Augur

So you only need to replace 20 items instead of 22. Brilliant.

Its not worth the hassle to swap augs constantly. It'll be better to just get a completely different set of gear to maximize desired stats anyways.

Or you assuming they'll remove distiller requirements? Hahaha yeah...no.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Micker99 Augur

Inventory, not equipped items.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why exactly would they exclude equipped items when you could just move all equipped items to your inventory and have access to them that way?
  8. Micker99 Augur

So I would have to switch out my equipment, for every persona when I switched to them?? Omg that would be a pain. The equipment I would use for a caster would be almost completely different than my SK etc.. That would be the dumbest waste of time. Personas should already have equipped whatever you had equipped on them previously. You could share inventory space. On top of that, what about the Type 3 augs in your equipment lol? Think about it, that would be ridiculous.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is unlikely as they have a screen that indicates equipment loadouts that you can save and load when dealing with personas. We will have to wait on more information from the Darkpaw on how it handles augs but it should be clear that equipped items are included in what is shared.
  10. Bernel Augur

Maybe they should just implement it as Shroud 2.0. There are too many valid complications being brought up in this thread. Just extend shrouds. A persona shroud means you shroud to the other class, but it's as a normal character combination rather than the Shroud 1.0 monsters. Your Ogre/War main can persona shroud as an Erudite/Enc. You get all autogrant AAs/spells/skills for that the persona level. Your stats are based on some scaling factor of the stats of your main when you shroud. You can pick the level of your persona shroud. The max persona shroud level would be 90% of your main's level. A persona wouldn't be as powerful as a pure character, but there would still be a lot of use to it. Doing personas as Shroud 2.0 would do away with many of 54(!) pages of complications we've been discussing. And it would useful by lots of people right away.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Again, you don't need to replace most of your non visible items, you just need to swap any augs that are class specific like the type 3 ones. Depending on what they do for swapping gear there might be no issues with swapping out the augs.
  12. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Again, you’re only referring to 110+. TLPs also get Personas and those items are much more class restrictive.
  13. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Or they could just drop lockouts because Personas and Alts are functionally the same.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And again, this only matters for the initial launch as there is still plenty of shared gear for lower levels and people can plan ahead in the future. I get it that you don't like this system but you don't have to use it.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Who knows what they will do but there are some big differences between the two and if you want to raid multiple times or do group missions multiple times in a lockout period you can still do that with the existing alt system.
  16. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Oh right everyone that is ever going to play EQ is going to be playing the moment they launch Personas. Nobody else will ever show up or start leveling a new character on a new server.

The games that use this feature just make alts and class swapping the same function.

Stop being so wrong.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And those that start characters after this system launches will be able to better plan and keep gear for leveling up personas that those who have leveled to max didn't do

The announcement indicates that this will not be the case with this system as you are keeping most things from your main character. It doesn't matter what other games do it matters what EQ does with it.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

Artisan's Prize.
    Bernel likes this.
  19. CdeezNotes Augur

And again, you're assuming they are going to get rid of the distiller requirement, especially on slot 3s which are perfected distiller only. There's no reason why they would get rid of distillers completely, especially when it provides an opportunity to cash in when people decide to keep buy perfected distillers using DB coins. You'll either need to spend massive amounts of plat or just get a new set of gear.

Furthermore, you ignoring the fact that I'm talking about maximizing stats. Why would I care about my ac/hagil/hdex focused gear I have on my main for my caster alt persona? Oh right, I wouldn't. If people are so concerned about keeping their trash hero's AAs, they certainly aren't going to ignore hundreds of heroic stats they're leaving on the table by not swapping gear completely.

At least argue in good faith. This is a joke.
  20. Luminus New Member

It's either the all-classes-on-one-character like FFXIV, or it's a worthless gimmick they're better off scrapping for something else.