Alternate Persona - Character selection screen

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Feb 8, 2024.

1. Risiko Augur

I just wanted to make a couple suggestions for the alternate persona feature as it applies to the character select screen.

1. Add a drop-down to be able to switch which persona you are wanting to login to
    2. Add a details pane to the character select window that shows the crafting skills, level, stats, etc for the currently selected alternate persona
    Bernel and Yinla like this.
  2. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Selecting persona on the Character Select window - Where would the persona log in at? Currently you can only switch personas in a fast camp or origin zone. The only way they could facilitate a choice at the character select window and keep that same restriction would be to make ALL logins only go to a fast camp or origin zone. Otherwise, you could go to a location with your highest level character, camp, switch persona on character select, and return to be in the location the previous persona logged out. Otherwise, they would have to keep track of the log out location of each persona separately to have them log in/out where they were previously.

I would love to have an easy way to see the skills, stats, etc. out of game for each character let alone each persona.
    Risiko and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  3. Bernel Augur

Getting info at the character select screen would be great regardless of whether personas were involved or not. When looking at a list of characters, I often can't remember which ones have which tradeskills at which levels. It'd be nice to be able to click them and get the skills window. I'd also like to see info like how much money they have on them and in their bank. When I need to scrounge for cash, it'd be helpful to know who has how much so I know which character's purse to raid.
    Yinla, Risiko and Rijacki like this.
  4. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Money a character has isn't even in the /output inventory. It would be handy even just to have it there.
  5. Risiko Augur

They could make it so that the login button is grayed out for alternate personas if the last logged out location is not a quick save zone. Then just make the login button not grayed out when you choose the alternate persona that last logged out.

That being said, I would much prefer if they just let us login to where ever the persona logged out for which you are loading. That way there, if you logged out a low level persona in a low level area, you could easily load back in to that persona in that low level area rather than having to go to PoK to switch and then run back there.
  6. Captain Video Augur

A persona isn't a different character. It's all >one< character, which can't be in two or more places at once. If you want your classes to have separate locations and separate progression paths, use alts instead of personas, that's what they're for.

When it comes to the next step for APs, I would personally much rather see a storage solution ahead of a rework of the character selection screen. The storage issue is critical and is holding many players back from even trying out the AP feature to begin with. As for the character selection process itself, we've been asking for >years< to get a simple character list shown on the server select screen, something which EQ2 already has.
    Rijacki likes this.