Alt-Tab Tank

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Tarvas, Jul 22, 2023.

1. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

In your opinion, which tank is the better alt-tab option? I have a 120 SK and a 110 warrior to pair with a 120 beast and 120 mage or shaman. Obviously, by alt-tabbing I am not getting the most out of anything, but the SK has always been super spammy from a survival and hate generation standpoint for me. Is the warrior the better option for this sort of play? When I use to play the warrior I remember being able to lock a mob down then switch over to a ranger at the time and go to town. That was a quite a few expansion ago though so I don't know if the same holds true now.

The goal is to be able to do missions since pets are essentially useless to tank them with.

Thanks.
  2. Alnitak Augur

All current missions/progression can and get done with pets tanking healed by a healer mercenary.
    Your reason to make/use/play a plated tank should be some other than "able to do missions".
    As far as I know SKs are a "busier" class than warriors, probable better to pair with a mage, meanwhile a warrior plays nicely with a beastlord. In either case it's very beneficial to add a third box with a bard, even if it's an F2P.
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I can do the progression easily with my pet tanking. As soon as I get into a mission, the boss ignores the hell out of the pet and eats my lunch as soon as I run through my defensives.

*Current setup is Beast main (geared ToV - NoS raid), Bard, and Mag.
  4. Alnitak Augur

Tarvas likes this.
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

To answer the question directly... as someone that has played both Warrior and SK at all levels of the game, Warrior is absolutely the best "alt-tab tank." The knights require more consistent interaction to perform tanking duties properly.
    Kirab and Tarvas like this.
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Thank you. I will try that out.

Thank you.
  7. Kirab Lorekeeper

Thanks for answering the question. I was reading this thread hoping for an answer for a new 3 box I'm planning on running and couldn't decide on the tank. I think I'll try warrior now.
  8. Syylke_EMarr Augur

The knights definitely have a lot of advantages in boxing/grouping, but if you're wanting a tank box that you don't really need to focus on while playing other boxes, warrior is likely the best choice.
    Kirab likes this.