Allow Ranger archery to work from close range?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Razchak, Mar 22, 2022.

1. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

Max DPS in Cov was melee after pureshot. If your rangers were strictly bowing they were leaving dps on the table. As for ToL, the events make it very situational (time on target, multiple targets to tempest blades, moving golems (aten)/being in an aura(goranga) etc.) for a pure range only vs melee. All in all I think the ranger class is in a good spot aside from mana issues
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Knifen Augur

Not a ranger so dont mind if you get this changed, but If rangers get this than Rogues get bs ability from mounts for those rare VP event 1 when Im to lazy to flop from mount to no mount to mount.
    Orienn likes this.
  3. Orienn TreeHugger

Man, if rangers could shoot at point blank range I would love it! Legolas did it why can't we?! :D

Sounds good to me!
    Knifen likes this.
  4. Annastasya Augur

5. Whulfgar Augur

Bfg.. nuff said..
  6. Celephane Augur

Don't let the fact that other players don't like your nonsense idea, perhaps someone not a player will read it and not laugh. I mean it is a fundamental change to all range damage that affects a lot of classes, but you be you.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

My main playing char is a ranger and i would say no. I have other spells that do archery attacks and i melee. But that being said wish they make a quiver slot hate having to decide between a 40-44 bag or quiver and yea i choose the bag as i loot alot of stuff haha.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Or just add another rank to Endless Quiver that permanently gives the same boost as the best quiver.

And then they can add a new AA for non-ranger bow classes that gives the same boost as a normal quiver.

Just get rid of quivers completely at this point.
    Andarriel and Dre. like this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur