All Servers Coming Down?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

[IMG]
    Karrow and Thancra like this.
  2. GothicCelt Lorekeeper

TYVM RadarX !

"RadarX how about a day or 2 of of Double XP since servers have been down pretty much all day then? That would be awesome and show that DBG really care for their customers"

DBG is ... again I say... is showing they care by doing this. No comment on how you sound with that statement.

:cool:
  3. Eddz New Member

Knowing this potential incompatibility, I would have scheduled the videocard swap overnight.
    This is not something they could have foreseen, but may be able to plan for in the future if they are inclined to improve.
  4. Quepharaun New Member

Time to think up something better to do with her than taking her shopping...
  5. svann Augur

Thats some short notice. Server came down before the downtime was even posted.
  6. Quepharaun New Member

You sound surprised?
    Patch, repatch and re-repatch is the norm.
    How could you forget?
    Only change is that for a change they do it when it's primetime in the US.
    Welcome - you are in our world now!
  7. Cactuszach Elder

You could. But it costs your business double to do that (either through overtime pay or decreased production of the employees who work all day, over night, then back to work the next day) and it also delays fixing your product. If your business receives the new hardware 8am on 4/25 you are suggesting waiting until 12am on 4/26 to install. Thats delaying fixing your product by a full day. This is neither efficient nor reasonable (plus getting a team to work overnight is less than likely. They have families too).

Again I understand how frustrating down time is and its a bummer for everyone involved, but Daybreak is being proactive here and making sure they players are taken care of a quickly as possible and I think thats a good thing.
    Elricvonclief, Raytan and GothicCelt like this.
  8. GuyPersonMan New Member

You guys should do text based EQ roleplaying like I am on whatsapp:

GuyPersonMan casts Mindsunder Rk. III
    a sarnak defiler is hit with 238,573 points of damage
    You score a critical hit! (2)
  9. svann Augur

Just going to guess that they thought that the potential for this was extremely low, and the issue did not become known till several hours later anyway. Hopefully there wont be rollbacks. There still could be, you know.
  10. Ishtass Augur

In the early days of EQ with a larger population, patches were much more frequent and much longer on average...

Also we got at least 20 minutes of warning on my server.
    Thancra likes this.
  11. Xerexs New Member

Believe it or not, I read every single one of the posts in this thread. So heres my two cents. I reported this issue a week ago... I couldn't even log into the game, I had to use the Return Home feature to log into the game. Not every one will be that bright as me though. I hope I don't lose my housing items!

I think its no big deal about the downtime because its only Tuesday, if your raiding on a Tuesday and crying bloody murder over it, I say, get outside and have some fun... go to the lake, drink a beer and fish in real life for a while... its ok to do. Other then that, it doesn't bother me if I lose all my items, its just a game.
    Karrow likes this.
  12. Cicelee Augur

Average of 30 days in a month.

24 hours in a day.

30x24=720 hours.

6 hours you cannot play and you want 720 free hours as compensation?

El oh halfling el.
    Karrow likes this.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

ehunter@DESKTOP-HG7G7TI:/mnt/c/Program Files (x86)/EverQuest/Logs$ grep "SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE" eqlog_Zendbane_bristle.txt | grep -v tipsy
    [Tue Apr 25 19:33:44 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 25 minutes. Please plan accordingly.
    [Tue Apr 25 19:38:47 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 20 minutes. Please plan accordingly.
    [Tue Apr 25 19:43:48 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 15 minutes. Please plan accordingly.
    [Tue Apr 25 19:44:49 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 14 minutes. Please plan accordingly.
    [Tue Apr 25 19:45:49 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 13 minutes. Please plan accordingly.
    [Tue Apr 25 19:46:49 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 12 minutes. Please plan accordingly.
    [Tue Apr 25 19:47:49 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 11 minutes. Please plan accordingly.
    [Tue Apr 25 19:48:49 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 10 minutes. Please plan accordingly.
    [Tue Apr 25 19:49:51 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 9 minutes. Please plan accordingly.
    [Tue Apr 25 19:50:50 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 8 minutes. Please plan accordingly.
    [Tue Apr 25 19:51:51 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 7 minutes. Please plan accordingly.
    [Tue Apr 25 19:52:51 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 6 minutes. Please plan accordingly.
    [Tue Apr 25 19:53:51 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 5 minutes! Please camp in a safe location.
    [Tue Apr 25 19:54:52 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 4 minutes! Please camp in a safe location.
    [Tue Apr 25 19:55:52 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 3 minutes! Please camp in a safe location.
    [Tue Apr 25 19:56:53 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 2 minutes! Please camp in a safe location.
    [Tue Apr 25 19:57:53 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 1 minute! Log out immediately!
    [Tue Apr 25 19:58:53 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down NOW! Log out immediately!

Most definitely had notice.
    Karrow and Tucoh like this.
  14. Zish Elder

Seconding that bonus XP.

Mostly cause I wanna level.
    Xerexs likes this.
  15. Xerexs New Member

Yeah, two days xp bonus would be great, my bro got done working a six day week. Would be nice to get us both us to 51 before he goes back to work on Thursday!
  16. jarkedian1 New Member

I won't make assumptions to argue for or against this because it does no good. There are solutions to all the above. That is up for DBG to solve, or ignore.
  17. svann Augur

Yea there was countdown notice sure.
    Thats not what most people mean by notice though.

Notice means "Servers will be coming down at 5pm for app. 3 hours" - posted sometime before they actually come down. That way, plans can be made in game before everyone is forced to logout. When that countdown started I went to the forum to find out how long they would be down and there definitely was no notice posted. A few minutes after the server went down they edited the CT server downtime notice to include all servers, but then it was too late.
    Cakekizy likes this.
  18. strickt New Member

I agree on the bonus exp ! I was on my last 46 minutes of my 50% potion and had a rocking group going , i know il still have the 46 minutes but by the time i get to a place to solo or find a group it will be gone !! this is a item i payed 10$ for on top of my sub fees.......only thing that upsets me :(
    Xerexs likes this.
  19. kizant Augur

Shouldn't this be in the player support or help forums? Cluttering things up with pointless posts should warrant an exp penalty for a few days not a bonus.
    Chaosflux likes this.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

They apologized for the miscommunication as well, it said Cazic only at first. But that apology is lost in the many posts about the emergency downtime now. Lots of people insist on posting their own thing instead of using the existing threads about it. These used to get cleaned up, unfortunately not anymore.
    Cactuszach likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.