Alcohol Skill up?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gundolin, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Gundolin Augur

Does the type of alcohol have any effect on the skill up? I've been stuck on 201 for a long time, and can't seem to gain?
  2. Nniki Augur

Drink harder! You can get all the way to 550 on summoned ale.
    Gundolin likes this.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Gundolin,

I also found that skillups over 200 slow down a LOT. Gave up at about 205, just found it too annoying to bother with any more. Took me ~150 tries to get either 201 or 202, don't remember which one.

Tat
    Gundolin likes this.
  4. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

My favorite is to bind in the arena, get max drunk then use another character to kill you. Rinse/repeat until done :)
    Accipiter, Vumad and Gundolin like this.
  5. svann Augur

I think you should use the lightest alcohol you can find. Maybe short beers. That way you can drink more before you cant drink any more.
    Gundolin likes this.
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I've read that raising your alcohol tolerance IRL while trying to do it in game makes it skill up faster.
    Vumad, RPoo, Cakekizy and 4 others like this.
  7. Gundolin Augur

Is it true that it should only be worked on in conjunction with your fishing skill?
    Vumad likes this.
  8. Adrihaen New Member

I think fishing is only related by one of the fishing poles which can summon you a drink.
  9. Nniki Augur

You cast your line.
    You spill your beer while bringing in your line.
    You didn't catch anything.
    Act of Valor likes this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Just pretend it's Spring Break and kill as many brain cells as possible.
  11. Nniki Augur

Now you can just have a bard bot play Soothing Psalm of the Sunrise while you drink. :p
  12. Act of Valor The Newest Member

When I saw that spell on beta, I thought we might see a raid or a named with a mechanic that makes you drunk. A few named have done that in the past. I guess the spell's existence is (for now) purely convenience.
  13. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Frontier Mountains: Belligerent Biarn

[49953] Share Drink
    Target: Directional AE (300 to 60 Degrees)
    AE Range: 100'
    Resist: Average -975
    Focusable: Yes
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s
    1: Intoxicate if Tolerance under 500
    2: Decrease Current HP by 76923
    Text: You swallow some strong ale.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No, it doesn't. But it does SEEM that way ;)
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Here is a fast way I read on the boards years ago. It doesn't matter which alcohol you use but since it is anniversary time and there is free brew around then just use that. Now drink fast till your drunk then stop. When your character shifts to the side a bit (about 6 seconds) then take another drink. This way you don't have to wait for it all to wear off but it will skill up. Leave the little half elf ranger chicks alone cause you won't even start to make sense if you try to pick us up. :D
    Funk, RPoo and Gundolin like this.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

If you aren't planning to drive the toon around, just keep clicking drink drink drink while drunk. I find drinking more while already drunk helps you skill up faster. (but again, your toon is out of commission for a bit)
    If you are planning to drive it around, then you have to be careful not to get tanked.
  17. Kajira Journeyman

this is true and I was going to suggest it.
  18. RPoo Augur

catspaws is absolutely right
  19. Valtam Journeyman

Has anyone else noticed that the Alcohol Tolerance skill level doesn't matter? My guy has an AT of 550 and yet he still got intoxicated by Belligerent Biarn's "Share Drink".
  20. svann Augur

Well you should expect that since its a drink made for giants.
    fransisco likes this.