Agnarr Wood Elf Beastlord

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kolamer, May 15, 2017.

1. Kolamer Journeyman

Do we know yet if Wood Elves will be allowed to be Beastlords when Luclin opens? I understand that this combo came long after POP, but since both the class and the race are unlocked, it wouldn't make sense if we weren't allowed to roll one.
  2. Wrukk New Member

Probably not, as wood elf beastlords' point of origin is in Crescent Reach, the same with froglok monks =(
    I was very disappointed that there was not a choice in that matter, I wanted my froglok monk to be from new Gukta and my wood elf beastlord from Gfay, instead they only originated in CR. But there is the BST trainer close to Orc lift in Gfay and the froglok monk trainer in new Gukta. I figure they would have to change things on live as well in order to make a change like that in any TLP. Another disappointment is the size of the wood elf pet. My BST is 65 and his warder is very tiny, so small, that I named him "Sprout."
    snailish likes this.
  3. snailish Augur

Pretty sure they have been set to VoA for era, and race/class combos being era-spread appears to be a design consideration. Potion sales may be a factor.

I also wish GFay and Gukta tent village were available as starter cities for them.
  4. AgentofChange Augur

All you need is a little editing and you end up answering your very own question!
    Ming Tee likes this.
  5. Febb Augur

Wood Elf Beastlord's and Froglok Monks were introduced on March 11, 2014 which was during Call of the Forsaken. Currently the Fippy Darkpaw server is at The Darkened Sea expansion and has Wood Elf Beastlord's and Froglok Monks available to create. I'm guessing they'll be available when CotF unlocks which won't happen on Agnarr.
  6. Dilf Augur

Just get a Crown of Deceit when PoP launches and then pretend your pet is a stupid mini treant. There ya go.
  7. Kywen Augur

Just resuscitating this topic now that Luclin is approaching.

Wood Elf Beastlord! Wood Elf Beastlord! Wood Elf Beastlord, says I!
  8. Boze TLP complaint factory

Can't be one on Phinigel. Shouldn't be able to be one anyway. A tree is not a beast.
  9. malaki Augur

People actually voted for this nonsense over Gnome Beastlord. Some people aren't very bright.
  10. Boze TLP complaint factory

A clockwork spider/rat/etc. still qualifies as a beast: a mechanical beast, but a beast nonetheless.
  11. Punchu Augur

I would like to take this opportunity to be salty again that Ogre Monk won and we got stupid frogs.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

This was one of the biggest disappointments I think.

A wood elf beastlord's pet CLEARLY should've been a giant wasp. If you played a wood elf or high elf during classic you can still hear it's loud buzzing during combat even today.

Blows my mind that wasn't the obvious pick for beastlord's pets when this decision came up to the developers.
    Chatoyan likes this.
  13. Zanarnar Augur

Wood-Elf bst really? Honestly it was the DUMBEST choice since you can just do the crown quest and be one anyways... and on live you can get a clickie pet illusion that makes it a treant too. There was literally 0 reason to make the WE bst.

I swear noone I know voted for it either... I'm betting they ignored the real winner in favor of that combo since it took almost 0 work to implement. :\
  14. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

Ogre is monk you need. Frogs is monk you deserve.
    Punchu and snailish like this.
  15. snailish Augur

They've done all sorts of work to purposely lock combos behind expacs (gnome & halfling Luclin flagged combos, etc.) so I wouldn't be holding out for a change on this.

My hope remains some retroactively sprinkled in options. This way live server gets all sorts of new fun combos and on progression there is that racechange $$$ factor to justify the coding time (i.e., Iksar Berserker could be slotted in at DoN, evil Erudite wizard, mage, chanter could be PoR and so on).
  16. Eldrian Augur

Iksar Berserker, I would pay good money for this.

Also Wood Elf Beastlord pets should have clearly been emerald drakes, even a black wolf would have worked. A treestump pet is just disappointing.
  17. Polekn Augur

Gnome Iksar is the best. Can we get this combo unlocked on Agnarr in Luclin?
    Nolrog, snailish and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.
  18. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Pls.
  19. Machentoo Augur

And thankfully we don't have to hear its loud buzzing during combat every day. Wasps on raids every day would drive people nuts.
  20. malaki Augur

People play with sounds on?