Agnarr Starting Guide

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kyllvyn, May 7, 2017.

1. Kyllvyn Journeyman

Thanks for the responses but what I'm really looking for are class guides for TLP. Most class guides out there assume you have access to PoK. Which will not happen right away on Agnarr.

Stuff I'm interested in -
    Spell locations and which spells are not active in Classic (or are all the new low level spells added after classic going to be allowed in Classic?)
    Class special abilities and how they work. Examples: Spell Research, Rogue poison use, Monk's Mend (trying out a baby monk and can't get the mend to work at all).
    Classic Class quests and farm spots for class gear.
  2. Bewts Augur

Almars guides will get you completely started, he's done a good enough job to help newcomers, but this isn't World of Warcraft.

Much of what you'll learn is through trial and error or your own research.

For tradeskills, look up eqtraders. I don't suggest spinning your wheels on this early if you're totally new to it.

There's a link around here somewhere for TLP spells. If one doesn't get posted for you, I can find my link at home tonight.

For gear, try eqitems or raidloot, born are focused more on raid level items.

Leveling we've detailed out for you, and Almar has a more hold your hand option.

Whatever you do, have fun. The server locks in content down the road so re-rolling is totally viable if you decide a rogue suits you better than a wizard.

Good luck!
  3. Illusory Augur

Is this your optimal setup? Why not drop a Mage for a Cleric, druid, or Shaman?
  4. taliefer Augur

i really dont understand the hate on people that choose to go real hard on a new server launch.

even with DBGs shift in releasing new servers more often, its still something that only happens maybe once every year or two.

there is nothing like the first couple days of a server that starts from scratch, its a wonderful chance to make gaming memories that last years. if people choose and are able to set aside a block of time, why does that matter to others who dont?
  5. windbearer Lorekeeper

I don't "hate" on them I guess, just don't understand the need to blast through old content as if it's Day 1 of a new game. I was hardcore back when EQ launched but not to the point of 20hr days with 4hrs sleep. I was in the Army (Canada) as well so I couldn't grind except on weekends (if we had them off).

But one question, will Agnarr have access to the DB store? Buy Krono, items, etc? How fast will the economy blossom?
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

This will be my third go around on Classic in the last two years. I said I'd never do it again. So this time I'll make it a game to see how fast I can go. That is the game for me, this time around.
  7. Illusory Augur

You think people take time off work for the sake of leveling? For a majority, there is a monetary gain to be had by blasting through old content on a fresh TLP.
  8. windbearer Lorekeeper

True but do you mean ingame monetary gain (selling uber items for many PP) or RMT? Doesn't DBG look down on RMTers? Especially on this true box type server.
  9. Illusory Augur

Can't really talk about the details too much without drawing unwanted attention to the thread, but the idea is pretty simple. Since krono can be transferred between servers and at server start there isn't a lot of platinum on the server in terms of player wealth - this drives the price per krono way down. Players will then try an lock-down the most sought after items in order to trade them for krono or equivalent platinum. They will also trade their bulk platinum for newly purchased krono at those extremely reduced server prices (up to this point is within the rules of EQ.)

It goes sour, because bad apples will then try and sell krono outside of EQ (for real money,) undercutting DBG's store which is very much against the rules. This allows RMTers to 'invest' in further malicious avenues to keep their activity going even if they're caught in a ban wave.

We're going a bit off topic, but maybe that brief summary will help.. :)
  10. Bewts Augur

You don't really need a healer in the first few expansions. You also don't need slow. I didn't running war clr brd and 3 wizards the first time through. I haven't had to run bard slow song at all tbh once I realized it was a wasted slot in my standard /melody.

With SK if you end up needing a heal, FD and let pets soak damage. Chain the pets if necessary and life tap yourself back up. Toss in a Fungi and clicky regen stick once Kunark hits and you're going to be just fine for most content.

Epic pets make this immensely easy and trivialize content well into PoP.

I mean at 65 with SK + Mage Pets and 2 nukes you ROFLStomp mobs even in Tactics in under 15-20 seconds. Life tap can keep you going for that small amount of damage you do take when the mobs aren't stunned.

In reality the SK just helps pull and serves as a better initial tank as pets don't listen or path well.
  11. Illusory Augur

Thanks for that quick write up! It's hard to imagine how powerful this team would be without a healer, but thinking about the mechanics per expansion it makes sense.

So the idea is to fully gear the Shadow Knight (aim for BIS raid items) and piece together the 5 x Mage over time via (Epic, EC tunnel > Bazaar, and BIS?