Agnarr Server Size ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pexar, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

I don't think they ever implemented it.
  2. Rhodz Augur

Or broke it
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Probably more likely.
  4. TimV New Member

Because people with no valid, or an incredibly small, reason to be AFK, ought to be keeping people who want to play from playing.
  5. BearmanSW Elder

Currently a 19m queue to get into Agnarr, wth?
  6. Wreakin New Member

19 minute queue kinda stinks though.
  7. Marcie Mayhem New Member

i was just kicked and now have to wait 20 minutes? Are you kidding?
  8. SgtBrickley New Member

Think you could remove the trojans/spyware off Alakhazam since you volunteer there? Everytime I visit the site it starts sucking 2gb ram and then gives me pop ups.
    Talladore likes this.
  9. Kylo Classic Augur

Only casual players that log in at night have this problem. The people that play all the time are already logged in and playing.
  10. Finchy Augur

no...it...does....not.
  11. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

The site has been clean of malware infected ads for over a week now as I helped them clean up the ads. I haven't been able to reproduce any popup ads even when turning off the popup blocker for all the different browsers when they are turned on by default. There has been some redirect ads (ads that take you away from the site in the same tab to some advertiser) that I have reported and ZAM has removed them, perhaps this is what you mean when you say popup.

However using chrome on the site and not being logged in as a premium member, you will experience ads and quite a bit of them even though that has been toned down quite a bit since that new system was implemented for chrome. I say that having been running a chrome browser on the site since this morning and even as I post this, it no longer floods me with ads causing performance issues. And yes I have told ZAM management to drop the new ad system for chrome for the site and most likely they will in the future with enough complaints sent their way (not me lol).

I would highly suggest using a browser other than chrome to browse the site. If you don't want to see ads on other browsers, install either adblock plus or ublock origin.
    Rhodz likes this.
  12. Mashef Augur

An identifiable afk mage farmer found!
  13. Rhodz Augur

It must be doubtful that afk mages were not avoiding afk kick.
    Think the main thing it prevented was people sitting on the char select for hours on end. Cannot think of a single time anyone playing the game was kicked though so yeah I all for it remaining. May need tweeking a bit but how that is a big deal I dunno.
  14. XevBard99 Lorekeeper

I took a nap earlier so I tested the AFK timer. I woke up 2 hours later and was "disconnected for inactivity".

As usual this forum is full of people who have no idea what they are complaining about.
  15. Arakash Journeyman

From someone who claims to have seen Agnarr naked the server size is about 9". Phinny is 10" but new servers always seem less musty at first. Thus, the interest for the time being.
  16. Rhodz Augur

If the timer is still active then perhaps they are tweaking it.
    A couple of weeks ago sitting at char select would get me logged in just 15 or 20 minutes, much longer now but can't say how long so it is clear why people might think the timer disabled and thus the que.
    May need to push it back the other way now.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I believe you mean 10,000 "accounts", not "players". If you want to compare EQ population to other modern MMOs, then you need to take into account that there are many boxers on those servers. It is my impression that multiboxing is not that widespread on more mordern MMOs(due to system requirements). I also doubt that many of the more serious boxers are spending real-cash on all of their accounts. I also believe that many of the kronos that are consumed in EQ now, were bought relatively cheap, when SOE had that mass-sale a few years back...

It is however impressive that EQ-servers can handle that amount of accounts simultaneously without crashing, seen from a technical point of view, but that doesn't mean that EQ are dwarfing all other MMOs when it comes to real "player"-population...
  18. Rauven Augur

The point went over your head.

OP claimed P99 had 'tech problems' that EQ 'should have' solved. If he thinks there is greener grass somewhere else, I challenged him to find it.

I never claimed they were doing better overall than other MMO's, no idea how you got that from my statement. And there are limitations to what Daybreak can do. Server capacities, is not one of them. They've set a Guinness world record twice (with Planetside and Planetside 2). Server and network configurations are something they do impressively.

The fact we have a login queue with 10,000 players logged in and see very little if any adverse effects from that (on the network side, if someone quotes this and debates how over camped stuff is, I'm going to requote this to make them look silly), is an impressive and commendable feat.
    Jumbur likes this.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Yep, sorry! carry on! :)