[Agnarr] Open EarthA and Air Plat Raid Sat Dec 29 @ 8PM EST

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Foaming, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Bi Weekly Elemental Planes rotating days using Platinum as the bidding currency with closed bids.
    NOTE DUE TO THE LACK OF COTH IN AIR YOU MUST BIND ALL UNFLAGGED CHARACTERS OUTSIDE AIR SO THEY CAN DIE, ZONE BACK IN, AND GET CORPSE SUMMONED.
    Rules:
    1) You earn split eligibility as a single person regardless of how many boxes you bring. When you join you must notify the raid leader of who you are boxing. Failure to notify will result in forfeiture of split and being banned from future plat raids.
    2) Participation is expected. /log will be on and examined periodically to ensure everyone is participating and not AFK. First offense you will be warned. Second offense you will be kicked. Third offense you will be banned.
    3) Split is decided based on bosses killed + an ontime bonus + completeraid bonus.
    4) Splits will be handed out after the raid using the ingame parcel system. This allows for a logged record of who was sent a split and for how much.
    5) There will be a 2% tax from the total collected as insurance against the raid leader making a mistake taking attendance or mailing out splits.
    6) All bids will be in Platinum with a minimum bid of 2000 Platinum.
    7) No maximum bid or maximum items won. Bid as your heart commands and as your wallet allows!
    8) Bids will be announced in /rsay and directed to a raid leader, example "Foaming tells the raid, Send tells for Elemental Boot Mold". You will send the raid leader conducting the item bid a /tell with the amount you wish to bid, example "/tell foaming 10000". Single, Closed or Silent bid. Highest bid wins. If you win you will pay what you bid with the aforementioned 2000 Platinum minimum. In the event of a tie the raid leader will instruct the people who have tied to submit a new, higher bid.
    9) It is advised you convert your Krono beforehand, however a conversion rate of Krono to Platinum will be announced at raid start. This rate is based on the availability of multiple Krono purchase lines in /barter. Kronos will only be converted when you win an item.
    10) Winning bids will be given to the raid leader (usually Foaming).
    11) There is a 1000 Platinum charge for each flag hail. In addition, unflagged alts must be parked at the AoC prior to raid start.
    12) You must have a level 65 character at the raid to receive a split.
    13) The Agnarr Discord channel will be used for voice comms. This is the link: https://discord.gg/MfQKBcQ
    About me: I have been present on Agnarr since launch. I am an Officer of Faceless Empire. I ran the wildly successful Platinum Vex Thal raids.
    Any questions can be directed to Foaming here, in game, on the Faceless Empire forums at: https://facelessgaming.org/forums/index.php , or on the Agnarr Discord at: https://discord.gg/MfQKBcQ .
    DeseanJackson likes this.
  2. Lion of God Elder

I don't understand rules like this. If somebody brings boxes, the 2nd should get AT LEAST 1/2 of a full split, the 3rd 1/3, the 4th 1/4, etc. . . I think that's absolutely fair.

Otherwise you discourage people from bringing their boxes to the event. I personally won't bring additional toons to an event that expects me to do more work and contribute more than everybody else with my box(s), yet receive the same compensation as everyone else as an individual player. And I know I'm not the only one.
  3. DeseanJackson Augur

Aside from the logistics of it not being something he wants to do I assume, this content does not require anyone’s boxes and the numbers turning up are high enough that it doesn’t matter.
  4. Lion of God Elder

Though this may be true, I was referring to the group of people who play this game that think someone with multiple toons should only receive loot as if they were a single player. I recently had someone in a group tell me to turn off loot for my other box. I told him no. I pay two subs, I have two computers, two mouses, two keyboards, and I'm playing both screens to max potential. I'm not turning off loot for my 2nd toon.

It's seem to me to be a strange arbitrary rule.
  5. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

That's exactly it. I nearly and sometimes completely fill the raid. People get to gear their boxes so they bring their boxes. I usually box on these events. Plenty of people bring their boxes.
  6. Lion of God Elder

It makes perfect sense that if a single player wants to join, yet there is someone boxing 2 or 3 toons, the raid would ask the boxer to send out one of their boxes so a real human being can join. But that isn't what I was asking.

What is the reasoning behind the certain portion of the EQ community that thinks boxers should always receive loot as a single person? I dont understand it.
  7. sieger Augur

Luckily you don't have to understand it and it's unlikely anyone can explain it to you in a way you'd want to understand. If you don't like loot rules for your boxes then follow different rules in your own private groups or in plat raids you lead, but these are the rules for the plat raids Foaming runs. Considering the huge turnout he gets for them it seems sufficient people are happy with those rules to continue attending them.
    Xhartor likes this.
  8. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

If I was struggling to fill these I might reconsider the rules, but as is you are the only person who has ever argued this point.
  9. Xeris Augur

I mean, let's be honest, most people that box are atrocious at it. A lot of people who box just like playing multiple chars, and will end up with like 3 dudes on auto follow doing nothing a majority of the time. As a raid leader, ESPECIALLY FOR PUBLIC RAIDS, I wouldn't want to even waste my time figuring out who can box competently and who is carrying dead weight.

This isn't to say there aren't people who can box seamlessly and you wouldn't be able to tell, but in a pub raid setting, you don't know the people so don't have time to worry about that.

That would be MY reasoning for not allowing boxes to get their own split.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

This.

"I'm a good boxer, and I can see the bad ones pretty easy."

That's a quote from every boxer, ever. Even the ones who suck.