Agnarr Mage Pet Discussion

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Face_Rollan, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Face_Rollan Journeyman

I created a mage in order to solo while my main is LFG. I just have a quick question about pets with 100% solo in mind.
    - What pet is best for solo?
    - I've seen on forums people posting that fire pet is hands down the best, followed by air, however the people i ask in game say earth or air.

I'm hoping to get a wider base of opinions here so i can make the right call on which focus item to spend plat on. (Gems are expensive for a newb) :)
  2. nantalbus Elder

the issue with fire pet is it sucks at tanking. and if you going solo you need a pet that can tank. earth pet is a tank type. so its got the most hp/ac. don't do much dps but can take the best hit. air is just under earth for tanking dose more dps then earth but has lower hp/ac.
  3. Face_Rollan Journeyman

Thanks! I think the reason i've read that fire is better for solo is due t its innate DS and easy to burn mobs. One thing i have noticed though is that out of combat, pets regen insane amounts of hp. Is this a factor in the change of best solo pet?
  4. fransisco Augur

If you can manage (not fighting named ect) air pet can be ok. It does significantly more damage and it has WAY (way way way) better agro.
    Its defense decreases in areas where it cannot stun however.
  5. Troutfest Augur

Fire pet with focus pre lvl 50 and bum hp buffs for it will be a great leveling pet. Find any type of healer to partner with and stuff will die fast. Think ds on pets is level plus 2. Early levels you will just cast low level nukes and conserve mana to keep pulls constant. Post lvl 50 your focus items from sol ro won't focus pets and then air or earth will be better as fire becomes more of a caster pet.
    Face_Rollan likes this.
  6. kinadafz Augur

I can't attest for low level, but higher level fire pets blow. Mine just dies...randomly, all the time. Yesterday I was on a named, he wasn't even engaged (nuking or something, I don't know what he does) and then dead. I 5 box, the war had agro the entire time, came back to mag, dead pet. huh? That often happens.

I've had the best luck with water pet, which goes unnoticed. It is like a cross of air and earth in my experience. Often times my war will die and the mag pet will save the day (I haven't figured out why my mag pet can tank 3 mobs while my warrior dies from the same sometimes, but I know it is due to my merc being a piece of junk sometimes, or he just really doesn't like me). My warrior isn't fantastic, but he is lvl 102, around 95k hps, and I play him what I feel pretty good.
    Face_Rollan likes this.
  7. fransisco Augur

firepet stops being useful to solo with after 50
  8. Face_Rollan Journeyman

Thanks so much for all the info team! I got some griffon feathers the other day, and still need a stein and mermaid scales. This will complete my focus items. Look forward to seeing you guys in game!