Agnarr FAQ - POP Locked Progression Server - Coming Weds, May 24, 2017

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roshen Brand Manager

Agnarr, our newest progression server, is scheduled to go live at 2PM PT on Wednesday, May 24, 2017.

[IMG]

Q: What is a Progression Server?

An EverQuest Progression Server is a way to experience EverQuest as it grew over time. It begins with access to the original zones that were available at launch, and gradually adds expansions at varying intervals, depending on the rules of the server.

Q: How Is This Server Different From Other Progression Servers?

Agnarr is our fifth version of a Progression Server, and we’re calling this a “POP Locked/True Box Progression Server.”

Q: What’s a POP Locked Server?

This is a server where expansion content stops unlocking after “Planes of Power” era content.

On the unlock schedule for this server, the following expansions will become available: The Ruins of Kunark, The Scars of Velious, The Shadows of Luclin, The Planes of Power, The Legacy of Ykesha, Lost Dungeons of Norrath.

After all of these expansions have unlocked, expansion content will NOT continue to unlock on the Agnarr server.

Q: How Often Will Expansion Content Unlock On Agnarr?

Every 12 weeks expansion content will unlock on Agnarr. This will stop after Lost Dungeons of Norrath unlocks.

Players won’t vote to unlock content on Agnarr, and the server won’t wait until all of the raid content is defeated before the expansion unlock timer starts. Instead, every 12 weeks, expansion content will unlock on this server.

That means 12 weeks of Classic EverQuest, 12 weeks of The Ruins of Kunark, 12 weeks of The Scars of Velious, and so on. No expansions are scheduled to unlock together, like The Legacy of Ykesha and Lost Dungeons of Norrath have done on some previous progression servers.

Q: What Is a True Box Progression Server?

This is a server where each player will only be able to play one EverQuest account from his or her computer at a time. We want to encourage players to play with their friends on this server, and not just form groups of only their alts.

Q: Can I Transfer My Existing Character Here?

No. This will be a fresh server where all players will begin their adventures from level 1.
    There are no plans at this time to offer transfers to this server from any other progression server.

Q: How Does Raid Instancing Work on Agnarr?

The system will allow a full raid (72 players) into an instance. You will need at least 6 players in your raid to request a raid instance, and the players in your raid need to be level 46 or higher.

When you request a raid instance, the player that requested it, and his or her entire raid, will be given an account-wide request lockout for that specific raid for 2.5 days.

Each “boss” in the zone will grant a 6.5 day account-wide lockout. For the most part, this is just the big boss (Lord Nagafen, for example) and the stuff in his/her/its immediate vicinity.
    For launch, Plane of Sky is an exception to the above instancing rule. Each island will have a lockout. Kill any NPC on that island and everyone in your raid will receive a 6.5 day account-wide lockout for that island.

Q: What Things Are Not Allowed on This Server?

A True Box Progression Server is a place where players are only allowed to play one EverQuest account at a time on their computer.

Doing any of the following on Agnarr may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:
    • Playing multiple characters at the same time from a single computer.
    • Using 3rd party software.
    • Any method to send one key press to multiple characters.
    Doing any of the following on ANY server may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:
    • Unattended Gameplay: Any method that lets a character take actions while you’re not at your keyboard.
    • Playing on virtual machines.
    • Any attempt to circumvent the /pickzone timer.
    Q: What’s XP Like on the Agnarr Server?

Agnarr’s experience rate will be most similar to Ragefire and Lockjaw.

If you compare this to the Phinigel server, players will earn experience at a faster rate on Agnarr. There are no experience penalties for class, race or hell levels on the Agnarr server.

(Note: rogues, warriors and halflings will continue to get race/class exp bonuses on Agnarr, just like they do on all servers).

Q: What Purchases Do I Need to Play on Agnarr?

No expansion purchases are required to play on Agnarr.

Like other progression and special ruleset servers, you must have All Access Membership to access the Agnarr server. In addition to letting you play on this server, All Access includes additional great benefits, like 10% off most Marketplace purchases, and a claimable 500DBC grant each month! For more details and to sign up for membership, visit www.daybreakgames.com/allaccess.
    Talimat, snailish and PathToEternity like this.
  2. Roshen Brand Manager

Q: What is the Difference Between a Progression Server and a Standard Server?

Standard servers have all race/class combinations available, and players can reach the maximum level cap (currently 105) with no restrictions. Features we added later in the game to speed the path from 1-50 (or 70, or 85, or...) such as revamped Newbie quests, Defiant armor, and Hot Zones, all exist.

A Progression Server obviously starts out with only original EverQuest zones (plus some early additions). In cases where we feel additions were too powerful when backfilled into an era, we have done our best to remove them or disable them in other ways until the appropriate time.

Q: What is the Difference Between a Progression Server and a "Classic" server?

By most descriptions, a "Classic" server is an attempt to recreate EverQuest exactly as it was at launch, using only assets and content that was available in March of 1999.

A Progression Server is another EverQuest server, and therefore runs alongside existing servers. It contains many changes that have been made to the game since 1999, such as maps, Krono, a more configurable UI, the removal of "hell levels" and race/class experience penalties, custom chat channels and serverwide or cross-server communication, the ability to memorize spells via right-clicks, the ability to "Find" specific NPCs or locations, and many other enhancements.

In cases where we have updated or changed the layout of zones, Progression Servers use the updated version of the zone geometry. In cases where we have changed items or player abilities, Progression Servers use those updated abilities. In cases where items were completely removed, those items will either stay removed or be available for a very limited time on Progression Servers. In cases where zone population was changed, you may not find all of the NPCs you remember in exactly the same places they were before, or you may encounter new NPCs with new loot that wasn't there before.

Q: When You Talk About Expansions Unlocking After a Certain Amount of Time, Does that Mean Killing Raid Targets isn't Required?

Correct. This server doesn’t check when raid bosses were killed to decide when additional expansion content unlocks. Expansions will unlock 12 weeks after each other, regardless of when raid content is cleared.

Q: You Changed Raid Bosses For Ragefire/Lockjaw. Which Versions of Raid Bosses Are on Agnarr?

The revised versions of raid bosses (the ones that are more difficult) will be the raid bosses on Agnarr.

In addition, raid bosses will still spawn out in the open world at the same rate that they do on Ragefire and Lockjaw.

Q: What Has Changed With Pets?

Quite a lot, but in short, your pet will stay with you when zoning, logging out, or if you become invisible. If your pet decides it won't equip an item you give it, it will give you the item back. Additionally, several adjustments have been made to the power curve of pets prior to the release of the Shadows of Luclin expansion.

Q: How Have Pets Changed for Progression Servers?

Raid targets on progression servers now have the ability "Mark of the Old Ways". This will reduce the power of summoned companions with increasing severity based on the total number of summoned companions that are attacking the raid target.

Q: I Died But All of My Items Stayed With Me. Is This a Bug?

No, you no longer have to find your corpse in order to retrieve your items if you die. If you are level 6 or above, though, you did lose experience and you can be resurrected to restore a portion of that experience.

Q: Which Versions of Zones Will Be On Agnarr?

Zones that were graphically revamped (Freeport, Commonlands, Nektulos, Lavastorm, Ro) will be in their revamped form. Our progression servers have to co-exist with live servers, so we need to have the same geometry running on all of them. In cases where the geometry was the same but population changed, we will use the original populations where possible:
    • Splitpaw - Will begin in its first revamped form (with the Ishva Mal).
    • Cazic-Thule - Will begin in the form after Rubicite was removed.
    • The Hole - Will begin in its first form (with Master Yael).
    • Plane of Hate - Will be in the current layout, but with population much like the original zone after the first loot revamp.
    • Plane of Fear - Will have population the same as the first loot revamp.
    • Droga/Nurga - Original population.
    • Firiona Vie - Original population.
    • Veeshan's Peak - Original population, but no death restrictions.
    • Plane of Mischief - Original population. The "easy" entrance will not be active until it changes to the current version.
    • Grimling Forest - Original population.
    Zones that are set up in this manner will transition to their current datasets in roughly the same timeframe as they originally changed.

Q: Will You Be Removing Changes Made to Game Functions?
    In most cases, no. For instance, the UI will be current, you will not leave your items on your corpse when you die, coin will not have weight, and the advanced loot system will be in place. If it is a modern system that is enabled on live servers for everyone, it will be in place.

Features that were added with expansions, such as the Bazaar (Luclin) and armor dye (LoY) are scheduled to unlock when those expansions are unlocked. The following will be enabled day one:
    • The Raid window
    • Maps
    • Augmentations
    • AAs (though most abilities are restricted by level or expansion)
    • Saving recipes in tradeskill containers
    • Audio Triggers
    • Many Achievements (but not kill or collect achievements)
    • Hotbar revamps (but not item clicking in bags)
    • Guild rank customizations
    Because leadership AAs were introduced as an expansion feature but later added for free to everyone, they will be available upon launch as well.

Q: Will Classes or Races That Were Not Available at Launch be Available on This Server?

Not until the server progresses to the point at which the race, class, or combination was added.
    • Iksar will not be available until Kunark is unlocked.
    • Gnome Shadowknights, Gnome Paladins, Halfling Rangers, and Halfling Paladins will not be available until Luclin is unlocked.
    • Beastlords and/or Vah Shir will not be available until Luclin is unlocked.
    • Frogloks will not be available until Legacy of Ykesha is unlocked.
    Classes and races that aren’t available in era, like Berserkers and Drakkin, will not be available on Agnarr.

Q: Will Veteran Rewards Be Enabled on the Server? What About Holiday Events Like Fabled Mobs or Hardcore Heritage? Can I Claim Loot Rewards From Legends of Norrath on This Server?

No. These features and events provide rewards that are not “in era” for this server. There are no plans to enable these on Agnarr.

Q: How Will You Be Handling the Rush of Players at Launch?

Zones have a form of load-balancing that can spawn another version of a zone when the current zone gets too full.

Once those zones reach a certain threshold of players (it varies based on the size of the zone), it will spawn another version of itself. You will be able to choose which version of the zone you want to enter upon zoning in, or you will be able to use the /pickzone command to choose another version of the zone you are in. This should let people group up with friends but still be able to find things to kill and see plenty of other players.

We have also enabled technology to dynamically increase the maximum number of characters allowable on a server at any given time. Between these two new systems, we expect to be able to handle most of the players who want to play on the new server on the first day.

Q: Will Recruit-A-Friend or Other Account-based Bonuses Apply to This Server?

No. This is a special ruleset server and account bonuses will not apply to characters on it.

Q: Why Can't You Make a Progression Server That Does X? Lots of People Like X!

There is a very wide selection of people who are interested in our new Progression Server. We know that there are a very wide range of opinions about what a Progression Server could and/or should be.

Our plan is to create servers where people can have the progression server experience they want, without pulling the rug out from under the feet of players that are happy on the server where they currently play.

Q: I found a Piece of Equipment That My Character Can't Use, But I Was Able to Equip It Anyway! Is This a Bug?

No, it's not a bug. While you may be able to wear it, the item will not give you any benefits. You can tell when an item isn't usable by you for some reason when it turns that slot yellow in your inventory.

Q: There Are Some Augmentation Vendors in Home Cities. Weren't Augs a Later Addition?

Yes, augmentations weren't added to the game until Lost Dungeons of Norrath, but these augmentation vendors were created specifically for Progression servers with the intent to even out the disparity between casters and melee weapon users.

Q: How Do I Use An Augmentation? I Can’t Find Augmentation Sealers.
    You don't need to use an item in the world to insert augmentations into items any more. Just move the augmentation into that item's aug slot and it will pop in! You will need to find an augmentation distiller to remove an augmentation from a weapon, but if you have the correct distiller in your inventory you can remove that aug at any time in any place.

Q: What Are All of These Spell Research Merchants Doing Here?

The spell research system is one of the few tradeskills where we could not keep both the old version and the new version working at the same time. While you can still use words, pages, and runes to create practice runes to gain research skill, you must use the new system to make new spells. You may see many items such as "exquisite platinum etched rune" and "gold embossed runes" on some creatures. These replaced the old runes, words, or pages that no longer are useful for research and are intended to be sold freely.

Q: Why are These Soulbinders Here?

While soulbinders are a more recent addition to the game, we feel that they provide a necessary service for players at all levels who can't bind themselves in a new town.

Q: What are These Noble Exchange Merchants?

Nobles are a recent addition to the game that are meant to allow players to make very large value transfers (over two million platinum) that weren't possible before. While we don't expect them to be needed for that purpose on Agnarr, most of the Noble Exchange NPCs already existed in the world and they now allow players to send and receive parcels in addition to their service as merchants.

Q: There are NPCs Up That Were Added for Later Quests. Is This Okay?

Yes, even though many NPCs have been added to the game for quests that are not yet available (including epic quests), we have not removed most of the NPCs that exist for those quest purposes in the original continents. You're free to "pre-loot" as many items as you wish.

Q: Why Are There Two Greater Faydarks?

We have enabled zone load balancing on many newbie zones, so that once population hits a certain level, a new version of that zone will load. You can use the /pickzone command to swap between them.

Q: Sometimes I Click on the Blue Text When I Talk to an NPC But They Don't Respond.

In original EverQuest content, many NPCs did not tell you exactly what they would respond to. Although we have added brackets that should lead you to the correct phrase, in some cases you will have to experiment with what you say to get a response. We have been gradually correcting these over time, so if you find any that are still not updated, please let us know about them on dgcissuetracker.com.

Q: I Think I Found a Bug/Problem. How Do I Report It?

Join our community JIRA project here: dgcissuetracker.com

You can see if your issue has already been reported, and if not, let us know about it. The more information you can provide, the quicker it can be confirmed and sent to us. It's also a good practice to use /bug, particularly if a specific NPC is involved. If you have that NPC targeted and check the "Send target information" box in a /bug, it helps us find and fix the problem much more quickly.

Want to discuss additional questions you have? Please do so in the Progression Server forums!
    Vexen, Luld, Tudadar and 4 others like this.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update: Agnarr is scheduled to unlock at 2PM PT on May 24.
    Quinsey, Vexen, Janakin and 1 other person like this.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Q: Will Race change potions be available on Agnarr?
    Yes, Race change potions will be available on Agnarr at launch. Please note that only unlocked races will be available to change to.
    Vexen and Your_Ad_Here like this.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

FAQ for the EQ Queue (The F-A-Queue)

Q: What does this "queue" message mean?

A: When a server is in extreme demand, we place players in a queue so that the server doesn't get overloaded and become unplayable for everyone. As players log out of the server, we allow players waiting in the queue to log in.

Q: Do I have to leave the message up? Does clicking "OK" reset my place in the queue?

A: You don't have to do anything. Once your account is in the queue, your place is set. You don't lose your place by clicking OK or entering chat. As long as you are online when your account gets to the head of the queue, you will enter the game at that time. If you are not online at that time, you will be removed from the queue and start at the back again next time you attempt to log in.

Q: What happens if I get disconnected? Do I lose my place?

A: No. If you log back in and click "Play" on your desired server, you will resume your position in the queue where you were (as long as your account didn't reach the head of the queue while you were away).

Q: Why does the time estimate keep going up if I'm not losing my place?

A: The time estimate message for the queue is the estimate of the TOTAL time for someone new to the queue to get through. While the estimate is based on how quickly other players are logging off and being replaced, it can not predict lulls when no one logs out, or technical problems if players are unable to log in for some reason. If players are adding themselves in to the queue faster than players are leaving the server, the time estimate will go up.

Q: Can I play on another server while I wait in the queue?

A: No. Once you log in to any server you will be removed from the queue.

Q: Is there a way for me to know my position in the queue?

A: Not at this time.
    Ellise and Janakin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.