(Agnarr) BST AA assistance

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by That Guy, Jun 11, 2018.

1. That Guy Journeyman

Hello all,

I just wanted to ask some of the veterans about which AA I should be focusing on first. I recently hit 65 not too long ago, and have 60ish AA now. As my guild raids 3 to 4 times a week, I purchased the must-haves for raiding first.

Here is a short list of what I have thus far -

Paragon
    Mass Group Buff
    Pet Discipline
    Hobble of Spirits
    Ambidexterity
    Combat Fury rank 5/6
    Frenzy of Spirit
    Spell Casting Reinforcement 1/4
    Burst of Power 1/10

I feel I am durable enough currently, as I won't be tanking raid content and I tank group content that I am flagged for just fine - PoV, CoD, PoTorment. So I wanted to boost my DPS if I could. I don't expect to be top shelf DPS by any means, but it would be nice to improve solo and group impact.Out of the things I have so far, I haven't noticed much of a difference, if at all DPS wise.

Gearwise, I am wearing nearly a full set of ornate, with a few firehide pieces, namely the chest, arms, and legs. Weaponwise, I am using the Savage Platnium Fists from PoFire and the epic 1.0 offhand, for the 40% haste and attack stat bonuses.

So here are the AA I was thinking of working on next, but I am not sure if they will make any meaningful impact, as thus far Combat Fury hasn't made much of a difference from what I can tell. I don't have access to any sort of DPS logs or anything so its difficult to be certain.

So if anyone could tell me if these will be noticeable or have significant impact I would be grateful.

- Finishing Blow
    - Double Riposte
    - Spell Casting Fury
    - Planar Power

That's the only AA i see offhand that directly improves DPS. So any sort of guidance and advice here would be appreciated. Should I cap out Combat Fury, Burst of Power, and Planar Power, or is there something better? Or am I missing something entirely?

For my "burn" peroids, I can only pop Savage Fury DISC and Frenzy of Spirit and melee away. I don't see much else option wise unless I am missing an ability or AA as well.

Aside from that I usually keep Ferocity up on 3 or 4 people in the raid, namely Rogues, Rangers, and Monks, not myself.

On a side note, I am having trouble figuring out my melee critical chance, as it isn't listed anywhere. I don't know of any gear that directly improves crit chance, but I do have some pieces of attack gear and currently capped stats. So what affects crit chance, and is there a way to calculate your current critical strike chance?

Thanks in advance.

TLDR - Advice sought on which AA to prioritize as a BST to improve my DPS for solo and group content.
  2. Boze TLP complaint factory

Sounds like you're doing the PoP-Beast thing right.
    AA-wise, I'd rank priorities in something like this order:

-Spell Casting Reinforcement: Finishing SCR should be a high priority. It extends your fero and paragon duration, and Fero and MGB Paragon are the two most useful things beastlords can do on Agnarr, hands down.
    -Burst of Power: this will be your biggest DPS increase.
    -If you tank/solo often, doing the Combat Agility/Stability + Physical Enhancement lines should be priority after that. Raid geared beastlord with defensive AAs can tank elemental planes easily in-era.
    -For DPS, Destructive Fury & Fury of Magic should be next. These affect your procs as well.
    -Planar Power: Usually one of the first things I grab with each new expac. Extra stats just increase your power across the board.
    -Natural Durability: extra 12%HP
    -Healing Adept/Gift: Spot heals in raids/groups or increase your healing ability for soloing.
    -Innate Spell Resistance: 99% of your survival on raids on Agnarr will be from two things: 1.) Not pulling agro with MotM mobs, 2.) resisting AEs. Highly underrated AA line in-era.
    -Mental Clarity: I never had enough mana ever. Bonus 5 FT makes a big difference.

Those are the essentials, and after that, it doesn't really matter. Double Riposte is decent but there's no reason to take it over anything in the list above. Finishing Blow should be bottom of the barrel as far as priorities, it's relatively useless.
    To answer your other questions...
    Crit chance is a function of dexterity and Hdex (mainly through your "Combat Effects" mod2 for as far as Agnarr will be concerned). The effect of base dexterity is tiny, <0.001% increase per point. Hdex increases through your Combat Effects are huge, and this affects your proc rate as well. Beastlords tend to go heavy on Hdex in PoP to maximize procs for DPS. Cleave is the focus that improves crit chance but it won't ever exist on Agnarr.
    Beastlords don't have good options for melee burning in PoP. Stacking Savage Fury and Spirit of Frenzy is basically all you can do melee-wise.