[agnarr] Backpacks ??

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Maiens, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Maiens New Member

Hey guys, so ive just pickd up EQ for the first time since 1999 and i must say iam a completly noob again and i love it :D
    however one thing ive found that i really miss is more backpack space, it gets tired that i gotta run back to sell after 10 mobs or so, and i havent been able to find any npc that sells new backpacks...

so anyone that redirect me to where i can get new backpacks?
    iam currently in: Crushbone. so a place close to here would be prefere as i do know know my way around yet ;)

i know that as a lowbee i wont afford the big backpacks but iam hopeing i can get some 4-6 slot backpacks so my farming can last abit longer :D

Thanks in advance!
  2. Visitor Augur

You should check out baking NPC and see if the have any mixing bowls - verify if they are 10 slot or smaller- I am not on agnarr, so you have to check. The mixing bowl is very cheap, so you can stock up and maybe have bank storage.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  3. Mariketa New Member

Yesterday I found this guide: http://www.paullynch.org/eqguide/guides/bags/

Since I had access to PoK, I purchased some of the Deluxe Toolboxes from the Tinkering Vendor there. I just started again (chose different server), so I had no plat. I did acquire plat in the tutorial, so with that, I had enough to get quite a few. The best part is that they are 10 slots; however, they are a little heavier than backpacks. This means that if I load up on metals while questing it isn't hard for me to become encumbered. As I find/acquire backpacks, I'll put the toolboxes in the bank.

I hope it helps. It was tough without bags.
  4. Anhari Augur

In PoK the Euridite baking vendor at the building just to the left of the big bank sells mixing bowls that are 10 slot, GIANT low weight containers. Much better option than deluxe toolboxes. Cost is around 1 pp each or so (no more than a large sewing kit if I remember correctly).

On Agnarr, the 10 slot mixing bowl is not available, so toolboxes from vendors in Ak'Anon are best. Your other option is to buy/make 10 slot backpacks with High Quality Bear pelts (only pelt on Agnar that works at this time). These are 10% Weight Reducing, 10 slot LARGE slot packs, so be aware of that. I am not sure the PC on these since I am content with the 8 sloters at this point in my early career on Agnarr.
  5. Fluid Augur

I don't mind low level skills and there are a few I add to most characters even if it means I have two tailors on a server. I just don't get them to over 200 skill.

That being said, look into Reinforced Medicine Bag. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3748 You can't use it as anything other then a container if you are are not a Shaman, RMB makes for an excellent container. Even if you don't want to become a tailor yourself; the raw materials for these are common drops. If you just bring few Thick Grizzly Bear Skins to a tailor with a truckload of spiderling silk, you probably could get a deal on them making some. I kind of tailor my tailors<sic> in that they hunt what they need for skill up over other considerations. The 10% weight reduction is helpful to any character other then [Barbarian, Troll, Ogre]. Just get enough of the raw materials and /ooc Any tailors in zone?
  6. SomeEQGuy Elder

7. Captain Video Augur

Most starting cities in Classic will have Satchel vendors who will sell you all the 8-slot backpacks you need for a reasonable price. Use /find in your origin zone and check the list. Crafting comes into play when you want to stretch your unencumbered capacity with weight reduction, which is hard to come by in the Classic era.

Mages have a spell at level 6 which summons a Dimensional Pocket, a 4-slot 100% WR bag which can hold giant items. The catch is the magic bags go away when you camp out; if there was anything inside them, they convert to a normal 4-slot no WR bag. The other catch on Agnarr is only a few vendors sell the spell. So if you run in a group with a mage, or 5 mages, make friends with them.
  8. Maxium New Member

shaman also get the 4 slot bag like mages, can't remeber its name, but is also a temp.4 slot bag that will give you 100% weight reduction and if you log out, i think for more then 15 minutes, become a 4 slot 0% weight reduction bag if you have items in it.
  9. Fuzzbutt Elder

spirit pouch
  10. Vicex New Member

11. Senadin Elder

You could also buy the uber backpack on DB store... if you got the real cash for it... they are awesome!
  12. Pootle Elder

In POK to the left of the ramp leading up to the Bazaar Door Zoneline is an NPC who gives you a quest/task to run around in the Bazaar. Talk to a bunch of NPCs and then back into POK.

BAM... Nice Backpack Reward.

EDIT:
    NPC is Secalna Galnor
    From his Task List take - The Bazaar: Tricks of the Trade

You will receive a nice 10 Slot, 50% weight reduction Pack, for abount 10mins or running around the Bazaar.
  13. Pootle Elder

A bit longer quest (if you have good type factions)

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5522

You need to do a couple of other quests first, these are doable at low levels but you will be running around the old world for 3 or so hours.

End up with a great 20slot bag.
  14. Zipe The Healer

hehe, those are cool, but the original post was asking about TLP bags for a server on Classic.
  15. Pootle Elder

Doh, sorry my bad. I don't really care to start again on TLP, so I don't really follow the server names.
    Sorry to the OP for any confusion.
  16. Beggly Augur

Keep an eye out for people selling cultural sewing kits to vendors. On the new progression server I found somebody had sold about 100 antonican sewing kits to a vendor, and the number is down nearer 40 at the present time. These are 10 slot, large bags, and make for great bank bags. They can also go into the shared slot.

Other options include reinforced medicine bags, hand made backpacks, and in a pinch, tool boxes, regular medicine bags, 8 slot backpacks, sewing kits, fletching kits, tackle boxes, jeweler's kits, and the ever popular portable spit or whatever the baking kit is called. At some point deluxe sewing kits will or should become available. That's always a nice choice, as they are Giant capacity.