Agnarr at the center of a long term TLP and population maintenance strategy.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Bolten_DA Augur

Quill the hardcore forum warrior, non TLP playing, and ultra causal player. Keep up those quality posts.
    Renshu likes this.
  2. Fumi-chan Augur

It's a toss up between Quill and Iyvy for most useless forum warrior. Maybe they're the same person. :p
  3. Montag Augur

So yeah, Like I said in the original post. There would be a classic start, Agnarr rules feeder server, that would merge into Agnarr when ti reaches PoP (or LDoN) that you could start on.

Then later you could /copy to any GoD start or later servers like Quill keeps proposing.
  4. Montag Augur

This is very true but I still think there would be enough people for each era to keep 1 of each of Quill's suggested "save point servers" viable.
  5. TimeBreak Elder

I see this argument all the time and it shows your lack knowledge about Agnarr and its players. I like the locked server idea as do many others, but LDoN is definitely not our first choice for a locking spot. Just cause we don't want to play through live where everyone has hundreds of thousands of HP and Mana doesn't mean we all want to stop at LDoN. I do agree not to change Agnarr, but I would argue that opening another server with a different expansion/lvl lock would be a great idea.

Personally my ideal server would be a LvL 70 locked server. So yes that includes OoW, DoN, DoDH, and PoR because as I've learned from Agnarr, stopping in LDoN when there is another lvl 65 expansion with more raid content, gear, AA's and a whole nother class was stupid.

As for Agnarr, yes many signed up for it because it was the best option at the time. I'm sure there are many that want a locked trilogy server and all those people get is other yelling at them to go play P99. A couple different locked servers set to different era's would give tons of people options to settle into the server that plays up to what they enjoyed. I feel this would keep long term subscriptions and not this flash in the pan "Oh a new server to test out for a month" that we get every year.
  6. TheRedBandit Elder

So you disagree with changing Agnarr, but for some reason called me out for saying don't change Agnarr. I never claimed that players on Agnarr all think anything, i claimed that they knew what they were signing up for. I never said that other permanently locked servers are bad either. Did you quote the right person, my dude?
  7. Iyacc Augur

I played all of Agnarr and quit when Time started getting boring and guildies started to wander off to other things. I don't say the following as a reason for ME to go back.

DBG will only do something about Agnarr if/when they feel it's a good business decision. If they decide people are leaving Agnarr and NOT staying a customer, then it might make sense. The players got what they wanted and I'm sure it was good for incremental sales during the last couple of years. Personally, I don't feel it's necessary to do anything to/for Agnarr. It's an era that a lot of people had good feelings for and they got to run it once again without fear of being pushed beyond into content they (for whatever reason) didn't want to do. Those that want to stay in that era can do so and hope enough people continue playing so they have whatever sense of community they need, if any.