Agnarr 4-box, which classes?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by practicalnurse, May 11, 2017.

1. practicalnurse Lorekeeper

Hello. I am looking to 4-box on Agnarr. I am looking for the best synergy I can find with the right characters for ease of 4-boxing. The only stipulation is one character must be a cleric. Thank you for your time and opinions.
  2. Snorl Lorekeeper

Warrior/chanter/cleric+1 dps. Necro or monk if you want the ability to FD split. Wiz if you want easy dps, snares, and ports. Mage for easy dps and CoTH shenanigans. Ranger would bring easy dps and snares also.

But if your talking Agnarr launch - cleric, mage, mage, mage.
  3. PhinTank Journeyman

If you want to run around and kill stuff.

cleric
    chanter
    tank (preference here as they all do close to enough for a bit)
    Druid/wizard.

Replace wizard/druid with mage if u don't care about ports/sow and just want efficiency while at whatever camp you're at.
  4. Tachyon Augur

Four necros! Lose the cleric, we have rez too!
  5. Trevalon Augur

The 4 man me and a RL friend are going (2 each) is Chanter, Cleric, Mage, Necro. Picking up a tank is fairly easy when you have cleric/dps already and that 4 man can do most anything without much problems. Also boxing a tank on True box is annoying imo (I did it on Phinny for a while) so I prefer to go with easier boxes (Pet classes).

We were going to go Druid instead of Necro for Ports and future powerlevel, but with the Cleric/Mage for Plvl we just don't see the value in the druid for ports only so were dropping it for a necro for snare/pet/FD (Because you never know when you'll need a good FD! :p).
  6. Xanumbik Augur

Easiest 4 box I have ever done is PALLY, CHANTER, CLERIC and WIZARD.
  7. Trevalon Augur

I dunno, Tank, Mez, and Heals on one person is a decent amount of stuff to do.

I definitely think the EASIEST 4 box I ever did was 3 mages and a Druid, now that was a pretty easy combo to play lol.
  8. DariyaVika Augur

Don't need a monk for FD splitting really, and having a second melee to position is a pain. You can lull stuff with your enchanter so your tank can pull, or just lull/mez and pull with slow.

Cleric/Enchanter/Tank/Wiz is what I'd go for. Your big expense will be sow pots or you can just spend some time at the cyclops isle.
  9. Thewiz Augur

I am going SK, Cleric, Wiz and Bard. Easy as pie.
  10. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

whaaaaaaaa. people boxing on my non box server.
    Jahledan likes this.
  11. Trox2010 Augur

Sk, cleric, chanter, wiz. Pulls, snare, heals, slow, ports...pretty much everything covered.
  12. Pictarous Augur

IMO so you don't pull your hair out:

Cleric - Enchanter (main) - SK - Mage
  13. Kiani Augur

No SoW!
  14. Chillys Lorekeeper

I think once you are boxing 3 or more accounts, it becomes really specific to what you want to do. Of course, you can make some general conclusions: cleric heals are nice, an enchanter always contributes a TON to a box group, stacking DPS can be good, ports are nice.

As long as you have chanter plus druid/cleric, you can really get a lot done (especially in zones with animal charm if you run druid) and the classes you add next should be in context of specific goals. If you are just looking for killing power, healer/chanter/DPS/DPS or tank will be able to clear most things.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Not really. Sure, mages are ez mode. It takes more skill to box 4-6 with a traditional group makeup (not a lot of skill, just more than the mindless mage boxer/botters).
  16. Baselisk Journeyman

if was 4 boxing -

Chanter - Druid - Mage - Necro

But I think I am going all the way

Chanter - Druid - Mage - Necro - Mage - Cleric
  17. nagash101 Augur

I would do SK(Snare and pulling), Shaman(Tank Buffs, heals slow), Druid(Ports, heals Evac) and Enchanter(CC, Clarity, DPS aka charmed pet).
  18. Bella222 Elder

How can you possible play 4 computers at once? 2 is all I can manage. Remember it is a true box server.
  19. Dysaio New Member

Many programs allow to do it easy, hope DBG will ban them or we will see thousand boxing chars like ragefire.
    Jahledan likes this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

It really isn't hard once you get used to it. So much of it is just routine.

Those programs are banned on true box servers. You will see some people who have figured a way around it but those people should be pretty rare. When you do see cheaters, record and report them.
    Jahledan likes this.