Aggro

Discussion in 'Priests' started by drumliber, Oct 26, 2012.

1. drumliber New Member

Wht is the ratio of hitpoint heal to hitpoint dmg aggro modified? I heard it is 1 hitpoint heal is equal to 2 hitpoint dmg aggro.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I honestly don't know the 'value' on heal aggro, but it is very low. At level 30+ basically, you shouldn't be pulling aggro via heals anymore. It is very hard for healers to take aggro from tanks just healing them.
  3. silku Augur

Quoted from A Knights Guide to Tanking

PetMyLlama likes this.
  4. drumliber New Member

Thanks Jehmal. It is actually quite easy to pull aggro off a tank when healing Darchon which is why i was asking about the aggro modifier of heals.
  5. Aildyen_MP Lorekeeper

And omg group heals make me go splat quick hahahaaa
  6. PetMyLlama Journeyman

Jehmal nailed it. One more thing to add is that a buff that adds HP will also generate Hate.
  7. Mykaylla Augur

Any buff will generate hate, but it is small.
    Heal over Time hate generation is resolved as a buff.

Yes, healing is one for one, *however*-
    Healing requires an intelligence check on the part of the mob to notice it at all.
    "(Note that some mobs are coded to have a hate modifier regarding heals, but these inconsistent in the game world and not something you normally need to worry about)" was written for tanks- obviously, it is more pertinent for priests.
    Some mob types are less likely to notice a heal- this includes golems, clockwork, and undead.
    The easiest way to demonstrate this is to watch your "in/out of combat" box. Even with zero Spell Casting Subtlety, sometimes, you will not be put in combat for casting a heal. This was because the mob didn't notice you.
    Group heals are far more likely to be noticed, and generate more hate in general, because it forces a check for every person or pet that it hits, which can be anything from one (if you're using it while soloing for some reason or other), up to twelve (if you have a full group with pets) or more. Splash has a fixed hate amount so that you don't implode using it, but it too, is near impossible to stay off aggro using, due to the number of checks.
  8. Summul New Member

All the math and technical stuff aside, if you play a healer and want to know how well you have it these days by having the subtly line, knowing competent tanks and knowing what to do yourself, do the Halloween monster mission where you have to play the avatars of various gods. One heal from E.Marr or Tunare and the whole bunch of mobs are on them. None of the tank classes really have a good taunt either.
  9. Dandin Augur

I will lay it all down and say it like this, as nice as humanly possible.

If you are pulling agro off your tank While healing, You have two options,

1. FIND A NEW TANK
    2. Use a Mercenary.

All tank classes should be able to generate enough hate to hold Heal agro effortlessly. It should be a non issue at this stage in the game
  10. doktartp Augur

you are doing a group heal against multiple mobs and your tank is doing not much about adds ?
    Perhaps you have not maxxed out SCS for your level, and even then its often bad game play that would make you agro more times then not.
  11. Crystilla Augur

Well, the person who posted that is a lvl 69 cleric.
    Heal aggro may not be something thought about as much today, but at that level of play on a progression server no less, it does very much still matter. It still mattered at least up past TSS (lvl 75 cap) for me and was very evident as a raider who did and didn't have SCS as far as they could take it.
  12. Mykaylla Augur

I miss prenerf Group CH- such a great aggro spell!
  13. Cakeny Augur

Group CH? What was name of spell and how was it nerfed?
  14. Mykaylla Augur

15. Cakeny Augur

The base was lowered and focii no longer work on it?
  16. doktartp Augur

Remember, i was an active grouper at all stages of the game up till like 85 when i took a break for a bit.
    I dont remember getting agro unless i did a few things at 70, pick up groups and guild ones alike ...

Sitting on a pull, kinda old one but this was phased out.
    healing the puller on inc.
    landing my heal the second a tank tags it, and he has to use a bow for this to work well.

I cant speak for the agro generation of a 69 warrior merc, but i would think its not trivial. Now if I was 69 with virtually no AAs (lots do this to "catch up"so they can group) i can see the issue and only on large pulls when they are slow to pick up and you have to over heal to not wipe. either way its a manageable issue.

On your progressive server you must have some poor tanks without skills, and that is not an issue you can fix, so make friends, assist new tanks in leveling up so you can pair up with them, or something to change.
  17. doktartp Augur

It used to focus with spell haste and stuff, it was nice. I had guildies just chain cast it in a tank group right up until it got nerfed sometime in SoD i think, been a few years.

Why cast a 10 second cheal when you could do a group cheal at like 7 seconds.
  18. Aildyen_MP Lorekeeper

Working on my last rank of SCS. I posted that because the night before I popped a group heal on Vallon Zek in time and got instantly summoned bwahaha.
  19. Mykaylla Augur

Yep.
    It was not cheap for its' era, but it was a lot of healing. It was nerfed when it was being used in TSS for Lethar 2.0, because mana pools could better support it at that time.
  20. Crystilla Augur

Yeah with word of redemption, things like improved healing focii, critting, etc. all worked with it. My guild was working through Lethar 2.0 as it got nerfed. We won the first time using it and I don't think we were ever able to win again post nerf. (Note, that's more likely speaking toward the guild capabilities at the time but it was a substantial hit to the power of the spell.)