After Running LaunchPad - Getting "Error - A timeout occurred

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by EQ-Player-238, Nov 29, 2020.

1. EQ-Player-238 New Member

LaunchPad seems to run fine, but after selecting "PLAY", seems to get stuck and not getting to the server select screen.

Looked at Advanced Options and ran the "Validate Game Assets" - everything looked good...

Any ideas on fix? troubleshooting?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think there are some major issue with the internet since Thanksgiving. I have had a lot of rubber-banding, really slow load times in zones and just into the game itself.

And earlier today it stuck on loading screen for over 20 minutes.

I know its not the game cause was having similar issues on other game sites but my speed check for the connection was good.

About 3 hours ago it just cleared up and everything is running fast again.

I don't do a lot of troubleshooting if I can pin down that it is not the game. I did restart my computer a few times over the last few days with no improvement (thought maybe a download was getting stuck)

This morning I reset my modem so maybe there was a software update happening for that ....not likely since it didn't improve right away but it did get back to normal about 30 minutes after that.
  3. EQ-Player-238 New Member

Ended up being a simple fix...

Rebooted the router after a power outage in the area last night... was weird because all connections seemed to be working fine ... connection to internet, speed tests, etc...

I rebooted the box several times, ran scans, but since i was connected ok, didn't think to reboot the router.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

glad you got it fixed. Just like mine, the speed was fine but just wasn't making the good connection