AFK timer back in?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Baldur, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Baldur Augur

I've been getting kicked after being AFK for like 30 minutes again. Is the timer back in or is this something else I'm experiencing?
  2. trevock Augur

Maybe this somehow helps get rid of the bots. Dunno.
  3. Rauven Augur

Its the Commonlands fix. The ones complaining about the zone being bugged got the timer put back in.

Take it up with them, I had nothing to do with it this time around.
  4. Porygon Augur

If it is back in, it's being very selective. Last night only 1 of my 7 were booted. Very strange.
  5. TarewMarrForever Augur

Definitely does not seem back to me, although I haven't been sitting around in CL...
  6. Banuvan Augur

Logged me out while I was in FP while I was out doing stuff.
  7. Phati Elder

It's AFK timing me out in a zone with fewer than 20 people. Maybe once the server hits a certain population the AFK timer starts? I have no factual evidence for this, but seems possible.
  8. Shmef Augur

you seemed to be campaigning pretty hard to convince everyone that not having an AFK auto kick was the reason CL was having issues. also if it is back in it has done nothing to fix CLs issue, as of right now it still shows `180+ people with 71 actually in the zone, on lockjaw.
  9. Shmef Augur

are people getting kicked out during prime time? on which server? i have not been timed out recently on lockjaw, will leave some toons on today tho when i am out and about to see if it logs me out.
  10. Rauven Augur

That's because the auto kick isn't enabled (statement was a trap you stepped in). The reason people are DCing is due to power settings and internet connections. Which was why people were being kicked before.

The timer was an hour before. Players would get kicked prior to that because of harddrives turning off due to inactivity as well as spurts in their internet connections. Basically the problem was on their end, not Daybreak's.
  11. Ducreux Augur

The kick being removed had nothing to do with the bloated commonlands numbers, those were entirely due to the DDOS attack causing players to not be properly removed from the zones memory.

After the commonlands crash a few days ago the number in /who and the number in /pickzone was entirely accurate, with AFK kick disabled. There were 70 people in Commons0 this morning for reference..
  12. Mabbu-EQ Elder

Seems that when the server crashes this comes back on by itself?
    PathToEternity likes this.
  13. Zirquel New Member

The timer is without a doubt back, at least on Ragefire, for the last couple days. Related to the one of the last times Ragefire crashed maybe?
    1:30am PDT was kicked on the character that I wasn't interacting with for an hour-not the first time in the last couple days. I was the only one in the zone, at least last I looked. The one I was actually playing stayed on fine.
  14. Nolrog Augur

Did anyone send in a /bug report? They said it was removed, so any problems now has got to be a bug.
  15. Finchy Augur

I believe either the timer is bugged or is back in. When the afk timer was there if you were afk too long you got booted out like normal. now if your afk too long you go LD and get the black screen saying You have been disconnected.
  16. Steampunk Augur

I seriously doubt they would have put the timer back in without saying anything, although I'm sure there are plenty of tin-foil-hats out there who will believe it. They would have said they did it, and why. Besides, the symptoms are very different. My personal theory (which I admit I cannot prove) is because they took the timer out the server is being over-stressed and odd things are happening.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  17. ImSorryButIHadTo Lorekeeper

I believe there is a population threshold before the auto kicks start occurring. Just what I've observed. I'm usually right about this stuff.
  18. Baldur Augur

The timer is definitely back in. I've been kicked in any zone I'm idle in regardless of population in that zone. And it seems the same as before to me, before I got the black disconnected screen.

It also has nothing to do with computer settings as someone else suggested. I work from home and I'm on my computer working and just not tabbed over to Everquest and I still get afk booted.
  19. Weverley Augur

If i were to bet i would think they left it but it kicks in only when the population on a server is close to capacity.
  20. Korillo Augur

Yea the timer is definitely back in, what's up with that DBG?