AFK Checks

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jack of all trades, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Siah Elder

Oh that's good to know. I saw it and felt like it was relevant. Maybe it was posted earlier.. Didn't scroll through the previous 16 pages thoroughly.. lol
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Why are you so eager to paint everyone with the same brush? You don't think the horrible GMs aren't making one mistake after another? You give them a lot of credit.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  3. fletchette New Member

I was afk checked by a gm today...apparently this is a regular thing now. players are weaponizing petitions to get rid of someone thats at a camp before them. heres how it happens...

being server reset day, i thought i'd get a jump on seru camp on FV. i was the first person there when servers came up, then another person shows up and i start sending tells, being friendly, asking what drops they were looking for etc, i was going to offer the loot i didn't need if i got seru....and the player responded with "i won't be here long" and nothing else, but the player stays here with their pet and merc out so i'm wondering is this guy going to kill steal? which is not rare on FV at all

less than 10 minutes later, i am summoned from where i was standing (inside the bubble where seru spawns) by gm dunbar. i'm frantically looking around, trying to see what happened or where the mob that summoned me is. GM dunbar then un-invises and says "Please do not enter the zone of the spawn. it should not be accessible" and disappears again.

so i send a tell to this player that reported me (the one that showed up after me)

this player responded with "Same thing people did to me" basically admitting that they are using petitions to get people kicked off for a week so they can get their virtual loot uninterrupted. and that others did it to them...working as intended? heh...

out of curiosity from gm dunbar's comment, i take the time to fill out a petition and ask to confirm that players are no longer allowed inside the dome of seru spawn and i got this response:

Greetings Traveler,

This is seen as a geometry exploit. Action can be taken on your account in the form of a warning, suspension or permanent ban.

Sincerely,

Senior GM Woebot

if you're boxing or playing in another window, you don't have much response time. i got lucky i alt tabbed back to that window when i did. (i was doing some banking on another account while waiting for the spawn) GM's do not use /say, /tell or anything else. if you dont' react fast enough, enjoy your week off.

DBG needs to at least have a documented stance that players can read. i don't think anyone knows that players are no longer allowed inside seru's protective bubble. i sure hope a hotfix is coming so that mobs (including seru) can't summon players in there anymore....
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Idk what you are explaining in that story. We are talking about Lord Seru in Luclin right? On Firiona Vie? I feel like I've killed Seru 100 times and I can't for the life of me think of a protective bubble other than the lore "bubble" that you penetrate with the Arx key to get inside his base. If you bypassed the keying process to reach Seru I could see that as a geometry exploit.
  5. fletchette New Member

you can't walk past these golden spires, theres a invisible dome preventing you from walking inside where seru spawns. you can get inside there by being summoned by mobs, seru spawns right on top of that tomb.

[IMG]
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

So you got yourself summoned into an area you couldn't so you could kill Seru faster/uninterrupted? And you are upset you got petitioned for zone geometry exploits?
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is not an /afk check. No matter if your fingers were glued to your keyboard and your face stuck to the monitor it would not have mattered.

This is taking advantage of an exploit. Just like the GM says.

It does not matter if another player reported you because you were taking advantage of that exploit which is against the EULA.

I camp Seru every 3 days on a live server and I have gotten him enough times, without exploits, to give every alt I own (over 32 now) and a ton of new players the mount he drops. I even offer the new players a port to the corpse to loot.

The Key only ports you to the zone it does not port you to inside the bubble so we know you didn't get in there that way.
  8. Gnothappening Augur

I think he said he got a mob to summon him. Is that against the rules?
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

Getting a mob to summon you somewhere you can't normally go does sound like geometry exploit. He's doing it on purpose to get around where the devs dont want him to be. Fairly minor in my opinion but not allowed either.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, it would be an exploit.

But he did not say that. He said he was trying to figure out what mob summoned him away from the bubble.

" i am summoned from where i was standing (inside the bubble where seru spawns) by gm dunbar"

Another person commented that there is a way to get into the bubble if you can get a mob to summon you there. It not easy to get that lined up just right.

I just stand outside the bubble and if he is there I wave, try to shoot at him and then he notices me and runs out and we fight.

The only reason you would want to be in the bubble is if your trying to get the mob first. Otherwise there is no advantage to it
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

He did say that, he said he was in the bubble waiting for Seru when he got summoned OUT by the GM. The 2nd person who commented how to get in the bubble was the same guy explaining how he got in there.

12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Either way its an exploit.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  13. Gnothappening Augur

I don't have a dog in this fight as far as Seru goes, but it seems odd to get a suspension for being summoned by a mob into an area you shouldn't be. That would be like getting a suspension back in the day for fearing a mob into a door and having it open the locked door for you. I'm against warping, afk automated playing, and stuff like that. I'm also against playing more than 2 on Aradune, as that is the ruleset for that server, but getting in trouble for a mob doing what it should do seems a bit much to me.
  14. jeskola pheerie

What he did not say was "are you AFK?". Consider yourself lucky you got off with just a warning.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

Unless I'm misreading it the seru guy didn't get suspended, the GM ported him out of the area he wasn't supposed to be in, told him not to go in there and then left.
  16. Gnothappening Augur

Ah that may be then. I thought he was upset he had gotten a vacation.
  17. fletchette New Member

try reading again please. so many fanbois here just instantly go to "well you musta been doing something wrong" nonsense.

i explained that i was inside the seru bubble from a mob summoning me in there (and for the record this has never been an issue that a gm intervened until today. its not an exploit if the mob you are killing is summoning you inside. now if you want to split hairs about how it allows a person to attack seru first when he spawns... then yes you're totally right. thats why people get summoned in there on purpose.

now if you are going to start suspending people because mobs are summoning them into places they "aren't supposed to be" according to gm_flake, then enjoy your game when they take action against players because its a day that ends with 'day'

i didn't get suspended or banned, i got summoned by a gm because another player that wanted seru wanted the camp but i was already there. they just reported some bs reason, afk camping or botting or something....this is after i was talking to that player in tells the whole time lol.

the POINT is that people are griefing other players by weaponizing petitioning. its out of control, and i promise you that since it works so well its not going away anytime soon. you might be the next person that gets a vacation for no good reason.
    KrakenReality likes this.
  18. Febb Augur

So you're on a server being actively patrolled by GM's and you're suprised they are enforcing rules that normally aren't enforced?

It's like cops patrolling your neighborhood, you decide to run a stop sign and get surprised you got pulled over by a cop who caught you.
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

Could it be that they reported you for exploiting the zone geometry by being in an area you weren't supposed to be able to get to normally? Which according to the clarification from the GM in your petition is indeed "doing something wrong".

I'm not disputing they reported you because they likely wanted the camp, thats possible, but to say you they made up a bs reason and the fanbois in this thread instantly assume you were doing something you shouldn't be AFTER you explicitly told everyone thats exactly what happened...
  20. yerm Augur

Can we talk about people on live servers (and test) who relentlessly kill old raid mobs every spawn for years even long after all their alts no longer need the loot? THIS is the kind of vaccinated behavior GMs should be suspending for!