afk boting to the extreme

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by gocus, Mar 10, 2017.

1. gocus New Member

I noticed he wasnt there this morning... wondering if something had happened, but now he soon loged in
  2. Nwah New Member

Wow this is really sad to watch. Havn't cared about live in many years, but it seems like even emulated servers are offering better service with regard to dealing with botters and hackers these days.

Oh how the might have fallen. SoE and DBG really has made an artform out of mismanaging their cashcow.
  3. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Should probably turn off your own hack program before taking screen shots to call out another 3rd party program user. Pot meet kettle.......
    You can tell they are using it because the rank name shows up in the guild name.
    Sinzz-Wickedley likes this.
  4. Boompets New Member

LOL
  5. svann Augur

Not seeing what you are talking about. I see Nalt's corpse, Wahu's corpse, etc...
    Where are you seeing rank?
  6. Sinzz-Wickedley Lorekeeper

hmm i see one name saying recruit .. bot calling the bot black rofl
  7. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Second picture, in the guy named milb's corpse pile he is FDed there and you can see the first three letters "Rec" and the last two letters "up" of his guild name. The rest is covered by the corpse name spam pile, but you can fill in the blanks
    Milb is listed in the other post as 105 WIZ - Milb <Recruit of Resdy of Dup> a non third party program user would just see <Resdy of Dup>.
  8. Deenor New Member

It's reasonable to think someone's botting all these toons. I know people who bot 3+ groups all the time. Botting is not against the rules. Do you realize if you're running through a noob zone and have to get up and run to the restroom or get a drink, and a skeleton attacks you and is killed by your merc, YOU HAVE PLAYED AFK.

Many people seem to think, if I THINK you're afk exping, I'm allowed to attack you with mobs I aggro'd and drug over you. Ask yourself, are they bothering you or are you bothering them?

How many clerics sat AFK in Sol B waiting on Zordak for their 1.0? I did. If you left the spot, you were moved down the list. The sole fact that someone is AFK means only 1 thing to me: show some manners and leave them alone.

Maybe you said something to them and they didn't respond. It's also possible that they're not afk, you've just shown yourself to be the kind of person they don't want to hear from again and you've earned a spot on their ignore list. It's also possible they just don't like you and are treating you like a telemarketer...let it ring; they'll get the message...I hope.

If someone is botting more than 1 or 2 toons, they're probably paying for it vs farming plat to buy kronos. If they are farming for kronos, DB should be benefiting since kronos come from them in the first place. I.E. still a paying member since money is being earned by DB.

Keep 1 thing in mind, taking any action other than reporting someone is also against the rules. You are no better! Mind your manners and follow the golden rule.

If someone is killing trash mobs or older zones and they're not preventing others from progressing, why are you bothering them and wasting my time?
    Cakekizy likes this.
  9. Ghubuk Augur

A new member coming in and defending illegal botting (not boxing). Strange.
    Nwah, Corwyhn Lionheart and Ankarv like this.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It isn't? :confused:
    Ankarv likes this.
  11. Boompets New Member

Pretty sure no delay and warping is legal too.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

What is "no delay"?
  13. Deenor New Member

I guess it depends on your definition of botting. To me, it means 1 person running more than 1 character. As long as someone is at the keyboard, the rules are not broken.
    Cakekizy likes this.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Well, thats not the normal definition of botting the rest of us use.
    In this context we are talking about people who have parked a completely computer controlled group in the middle of a camp for weeks/months 24/7, (presumably while sleeping/going to work etc...).

The "camp"-concept, only works because players have to log off now and then, and thus giving room for others(next in line). A computer controlled group does not have needs for breaks or move on to the next area like normal players do, and then the whole "camp"-concept falls apart.
  15. Bamkan Augur

16. Ghubuk Augur

Also, having a person with multiple groups playing at different camps, all computer controlled, and maybe tabbing between a few screens now and again but not actually inputting any commands.
  17. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

This is not the definition most people use, "boxing" is one person playing multiple characters at once be it on one computer or many. They are at the computer(s) operating the controls.
    "Botting" aka "robot" is someone using a program to run their characters with no human input. The character has an artificial intelligence script and will run non stop.

Boxing is allowed Botting is not
  18. Nwah New Member

That is just boxing and has nothing to do with botting. You cannot make up your own definitions like that.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  19. Boompets New Member

It was around years ago. It basically let you instakill mobs with what it refers to - no delay.
  20. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Please don't listen to the [same old] players trying to tell you what is OK and what is not. Get your information from DBG. And keep in mind that DBG knows exactly what software you are running (see True Box announcements from DBG) and could very easily stop players from using any specific software. If they wanted to.