Advice on which account to partner with my druid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Akirrah, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Akirrah Journeyman

Heya folks

So I recently came back to the game a few months ago and have a 110 druid as my main.

I have two other accounts, one with an 95 enchanter and a 70 monk and another with a 95 Shadowknight

I have RoS on my druid and was boxing the three toons most of the way up until I got to EoK and RoS, now I mainly kite on my druid

I was thinking about buying the expansion for either the account with the ench and monk or the one with the SK and was wondering what yall thought would be the best fit

For kiting the ench is the obvious choice as i can park him and swap and dot while the druid kites ....

For traditional group situations I have heard that the SK may be the better choice since my merc tank prolly wont be able to handle anytihng much past FM which he seems to handle rather easily with gear and some merc aa's

Any opinions ?
  2. ptah Augur

hmm if acc 2 and 3 only missing ros.. I think wait til winter and buy.. and focus on eok working blocker quest.. and as much tbm and eok as I could til next content opens to buy..

Now if 65 bucks means nothing to you.. or 32 whatever.. for a single account to ros.. im go SK unless the kite style is all you.. the sk just does more simple stuff for you. conflag suits are cheap as it gets.. etc

Noted sk dru chanter is interesting setup.. and sounds fun.. adventure well
  3. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Depends on what you want to be able to do but having a tank for your group makes a lot of things easier to get done.
  4. Dawdle Augur

Don't understand how this is even a debate. Druids can do a lot and because we heal we can even get by where most can't with just a tank merc but it does get to a point where you need a tank for some stuff. A lot of classes can molo but I feel like boxing or soloing is our best options because tank merc's suck.
    The Chanter and the Monk are nice but Druids can CC with root and DPS but what your not going to do is kill a named mob that summons because our AC sucks. Even with raid gear we don't have good enough ac to mitigate/lessen the DMG from trash mobs much less any EoK or RoS named.
    If it has to be just two toons nothing is going to replace that SK. By going with the SK you will be able to play the greatest amount of content and because you are a Druid/SK you can still swarm which is like the next lvl of kitting. I know people say the nerf killed it but that's not true at all. It's not as effective as warrior/cleric swarm but maybe that's my play style and OP. It's all about the tanks discs and AC.
  5. Outlander Engine Elder

I'm going to be "that guy" and say heroic a mage on your SK's account.

I agree with Dawdle that a SK would be the logical choice. A real tank will make it all easier.

But since you say the druid is your main, and you enjoy kiting, I'm willing to bet you wouldn't enjoy tanking with the SK. Your druid would essentially end up being a 'bot, and you would 'main' the SK. If you are okay with that, go with the SK.

With a mage, you can still kite. Turn the pet taunt off, give them backstab weapons, and throw nukes. If you get a named, you can switch to the tank pet to get them down. Druid + mage synergy is strong. Fire debuffs for the mage, atk debuffs for tanking with the pet. CotH plus snare/root for pulling.

If you really get stuck in it, you can bring your enchanter in for cripple+slow and mana regen.

Remember to play what you enjoy.
    Spellfire likes this.