Advice on my sustained lineup

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Kmax Krakenskull, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Kmax Krakenskull New Member

Hello all, relatively new berserker here. Made it 95 and trying to fine tune my lineup for everyday fights. I read a lot of the posts on "how to burn" and they were great. My request here, is if anyone could take a look at what i use each fight on a regular group trash mob and tell me if i am missing anything.

So i have on Bloodlust aura:
    1. On incoming, i /assist and use Cry Havoc
    2. Then i have a macro that does:
    i. Shared Savagery
    II. Conquering Frenzy
    iii. Spirited Axe Throw
    iv. Frenzy
    v. Sundering Volley
    3. I go to my other char and come back and use a macro that does:
    i. Frenzy
    ii. Sundering volley
    ii. Frenzy

By then, the fight is over.

Usually for each fight, i use an AA or disc, but that is another conversation for another time. Still trying to figure those out. I have about 900 aa, so im barely pushing 4-5k dps, but i know it takes time. (one reason i picked zerker)

I group with a shaman and ranger, so decent group help. And i am not worried about endurance running out, there always seems to be enough.

Any advice or just a thumbs up that im on the right track?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks
  2. Gragas Augur

Axe of Ildaera is missing, and using Shared that often has to be taxing on your endurance?
  3. Fury Journeyman

Multibinding will improve DPS, if you're able to focus on zerker. If you do find you're using too much endurance you can always move the hotkey out of that slot. I multibind and move keys in and out as the situation requires. But if you're boxing and what you're doing is working for you, what you have is fine (with Gragas' suggestion of adding in Axe of Illdaera)
  4. Caudyr Augur

Don't berserkers get the Respite/Rest line? As such...shouldn't endurance not really be much of an issue, since you can hit this between fights if you get close to empty? ^^
  5. Fury Journeyman

What is this mythical "between fights?"
  6. Caudyr Augur

LOL. It only has to be 1 second, y'know. You only have to be out of combat, not in a rested state. Could also always drop agro real fast with your agro dropper to use it...since you don't have a 'between fights' apparently...for whatever reason. :p
  7. Kmax Krakenskull New Member

Thanks for the advice. I will add Axe of Ildaera to the mix. I feel as if i tried multibinding after reading that article, but did not have success with it. i will give it another go.

As far as endurance goes, i feel as if my ranger runs out of mana before i run out of endurance, so its like a "smoke em if you got em" mentality.

Thanks again
  8. Darktower Elder

Just a little FYI, but even with both of our current endurance recovery lines, it barely makes a difference when maintaining sustained action.

As soon as I hit 24% endurance I'll hit 'rest' when out of combat and continue killing. Once 'rest' ends its course I'll immediately hit the current 'wind' line in combat and continue killing. At the end of both of those and if I'm using my normal solo/group abilities/discs, I'll usually be sitting right around 25-27% end. So while I didn't lose anything, I really didn't recover anything either.

They work better as endurance loss slow-downs then they do at really any true endurance recovery.
  9. Darktower Elder

And just for comparisons sake, my normal solo/group lineup is as follows Kmax:

1. Aura up
    2. Shared Savagery and Cry Havoc combined on one macro upon inc
    3. Normal attack/melee on upon inc
    --------------the rest are all set to my F-key multibind in order-------------------
    4. Vanquishing Frenzy
    5. Frenzy
    6. Sundering Volley
    7. Spirited Axe Throw
    8. Axe of Illdaera
    9. Banestrike
    10. Epic Click

My only advice for you would be to move 'shared' off of any sort of spam or normal attack macro and move it onto your cry havoc/inc macro. That way you're not blowing through that end faster. I only click my 'shared havoc' macro whenever 'cry havoc' goes down, that way I'm not spamming (and thus wasting) that end.
  10. Darktower Elder

PS: Make sure you're getting your type 3 augs also to slightly reduce the reuse timers on key abilities like your AoL line, axe throw line, volley line, stun line, snare line, etc....
  11. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

Berserker Fade is on a 15 min timer. So, we can't do like rogues and monks are pop Rest every few minutes if mobs are in camp.
  12. Slasher Augur

maybe sure you use your disc also. Brutal Disc, Avenging, Cleaving, Savage Spirit, cascading rage, reckless abandon, frenzied resolve etc use all of these to maximize your dps. Zerkers work best when the group can pull 4-5 mobs at a time and either mez them or burn them all down.
  13. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

Thanks Darktower, that is helpful. I will make those changes.

As far as discs and AA Cleaver, I have a lot of those, but I still have a lot of work to not only figuring out which is which, but racking up the AA to make them useful. That will be another post.