Advice Needed in ToFS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Roguexx, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Roguexx Journeyman

Does anyone know if certain mobs do or do not spawn the named for Key of Acquiescence in the first level of ToFS? I have killed in the zone for 3 hours so far today with no Key of Acquiescence. I have been primarily killing the two Ice Shades and then gnolls from the surrounding rooms.

Can anyone give me an idea of what I may be doing wrong?
  2. Lianeb Augur

The mob spawns pretty regularly, and is generally up I think. If you are killing in a static location it could be up and you are not killing it. The best advice to give is to keep moving around and killing. You see it in a couple of laps around the rooms.
  3. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Took me 2 ice shades, 2 skeletons, he popped...
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

I've killed in each room on the first floor, including the pit/shades in the main room. 4 hours no keyholder. I'm not worried though, I have plenty of time, just adding my experience to the thread :)
  5. Axxius Augur

What about the 2nd floor? We got the 1st floor key easily, and then have been killing trash on the 2nd floor for hours, and the 'angrier librarian' has yet to show up. Is there a condition to spawn it?

I noticed that a mere presence of a group that was on a quest to collect some notes made our mobs drop those notes like candy, even though that other group didn't touch anything and just passed through. As soon as they left, our trash stopped dropping those notes. So there is some weird scripting going on there.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Been through quite a few mobs on 2nd floor too without an angrier librarian spawn. Anyone able to confirm they can spawn from the "a ghostly student" and "a ghostly scholar " that make up the majority of the mobs here?
  7. Riou EQResource

yea, but you might have to crawl the floor instead of camp in 1 spot
    Axxius and Sancus like this.
  8. Lianeb Augur

Don't forget the mobs in the hidden rooms in the corners they have spawned the majority of key mobs for me
  9. Feona The Red Monk New Member

Riou likes this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Took about 250 mobs on floor to for the key to floor 3. Pretty excessive but whatever, I got 4 of the ranged drops from Zorglim so I can't complain.
  11. Tucoh Augur

ToFS third floor: most fun in the expansion. Lots of tough mobs in close proximity with high enough aggro radius, real risk of lost time on death.
  12. Axxius Augur

Looks like every single turn-in can be done safely, if you can find the correct spot. Some require waiting for pathing.

Or you can just bring an Enchanter to mez and blur everything ;)
  13. Ashian Augur

I really enjoyed this zone EXCEPT for the pathing. I can’t begin to count the number of times a mob from the 4th or 6th floors ported elsewhere and came back with a train from other floors. I know they can’t fix it but I wish they had chosen a different zone to make into a T2 zone that didn’t have so many pathing issues. Making Sleeper’s Tomb into a regular zone would have been a better move, imo.
  14. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

First floor sucks, not enough mobs to always be killing something.
    Second floor is fun, least there is enough for a good group to always be killing.
    Third floor is just a run n gun get the key and move on. Plenty of mobs, but once hunter is done on the floor, no need to come back.
    4th is horrid pathing!
    5th is fun! But again just enough mobs and room to keep 1 group busy.

And now I need another key...