Adventures on Mangler

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fluid, May 2, 2019.

1. Fluid Augur

Just doing my usual jerking around. Hadn't been there in months so I kind of took inventory of characters. I decide it would be a good idea to use my second account and box. DOH! True box server! I do have a couple more computers but I figured I would go with the spirit of the server 'mostly'.

So I start a new Magician on the second account, mostly solo. Some nice Enchanter cast Clarity on him while he was running around PoK at level 1. Clarity works crazy good on a character this low, almost impossible to run oom. I ding level 4 and check the clock, two hours total time played. Doesn't sound as slow as I remember it. I haven't stayed in touch! Mea Clupa.

Things slowed down a bit so I decided to do some light twinking. Breezed up to level 6 and spent close to an hour pumping up my new elemental. I decided to do a focus item or two. Logout/login/logout/login other account, used the parcel delivery system to transfer the items I didn't want to risk losing dropping the on the ground. Made in the shade to level 8 so tool kit includes [harm shield, pet heal, invisibility] So after the twink session I decide to run to Permafrost entrance to see if anyone is leaving Ice<Frost?> Giant Toes on their kills. Of course they are using the advanced looting system and not marking anything leave on corpse. I decide to run to the Wayfarer Camp and see if any are on vendors. No but then I have the bright idea, 'I wonder if the Magnus will transport me around?" So I talk to him, he gives me Nedaria's Landing as an option. I'm thinking no reason to go there but a safe boring zone, so I sign up. BOOM! You have fallen to your death. You do not meet the requirements for this zone. Couldn't even tell where I landed. OK, all the pet twinking gone to waste. I take a stein, sapphire, mermaid scale to Vira in the Temple. She hands me back the Stein of Ulissa and about 20% of a level in experience. I decide to try it out immediately by reclaiming my pet and another DOH! Doesn't work until level 20!

I get serious about it to make up for lost time: Full summoned kit plus a harm shield from a high level character. Slaughtered every Wisp I could find in the Qeynos Hills, tough going for a level 8. Onto Black Burrow! I accidentally pulled about 1/4 the zone but managed to stay alive. Went back outside and thumped stuff at the ruins. I went to my favorite secret solo spot, only me and a thousand other people know about it.<sic> Really doing OK! 1-3% of a level per kill, ding 9 and 10. At level 10, still using my level 6 water pet, I decide to take on a big boy-Level 16 Aviak Guard! Tough fight that knocked the stuffing out of both my character and pet. I logged out figuring I need to start using the level 10 pet and get some buffs on it at that.

A good time was had. :)
    Boze and Gremin like this.
  2. Imarabbit Journeyman

No, no you didn't.
    Tymeless likes this.
  3. Boze TLP complaint factory

This is the best post in the TLP forums since the new round of TLPS was announced. Seriously captures the spirit of everquesting and how much fun stumbling through content can be. All these posts full of complaints could learn a few things from you. The game is flawed and that's part of the charm.

I've been hitting the same feeling doing the shawl 2.0 on Phinny. How do I get past these see invis? Too many to kill, too dense to get mobs single. Train and FD? OK FD failed, can I run circles for 30s? IT FAILED AGAIN?! How am I alive? Named happened to be up as well, oh joy! Finally make it to the room with the groundspawn. DA idol, grab it, and as is tradition fail FD. Shawl step completed, 3 deaths, and I had fun.
  4. modsiw Augur

Aside from this either happening on an advanced TLP or live.
  5. Ceffener Augur

Would love to hear more about being in PoK on Mangler.
  6. modsiw Augur

Don't forget the LDoN Magus that will teleport folks who haven't completed the quest.
  7. Risiko Augur

So... yeah... Plane of Knowledge on a server that has NO expansions unlocked yet, and he/she talks about focus gear as well on a server that has no focus gear. But, it doesn't stop there. No. Then this person goes and uses a Magus to teleport on a server that has no Magus' yet.

What was the point of this made up story? I mean... really.... what.
  8. modsiw Augur

9. Fluid Augur

Correction, Agnarr. Makes sense when I get the server right. I do play that many characters/servers that they all seem to run together. Other night I almost ran a Druid up to guards in Feerrott the Dream and conned the guards first. Thought wth, I should be ally after all the fraction work I did. Then I realized that was on 2 or 3 other servers. :)
  10. Risiko Augur

lol you had me going. I was like what the heck lol.
    Fluid likes this.
  11. Fluid Augur

Yeah, it is probably really time for me to take another break. Three accounts over half a dozen servers with dozens of characters; If I average playing a week per character that means I leave servers and characters unplayed for a year at a time. Worse then trying to remember your grand kids' birthdays! :)

I have to admire people that can concentrate on one character and one server. Makes a lot of sense compared to my play style.
    Risiko likes this.
  12. Risiko Augur

Oh trust me. I get it. I'm a mega alt-aholic. I have more characters on various servers than I care to try to count at this point.
    Fluid likes this.